Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The drivers seat swivel !

you don't even need to mark it...line up the front of the slider on the seat with the front of the rail on the bottom fixed bit, it's then in the right place to rotate without the seat hitting the door pillar, then a slight move back to get the seat back past the steering wheel...done.

Again thanks for replies.

I actually have no problem turning seat around, it's just when I try to find my own driving position again I find myself going forward . . . . backward . . . . rotating seat back forward . . . backward. . . . and still feel it is not right, all while tearing down the road! My Volvo had 3 person positions just by selecting a switch, and the seat didn't ever get rotated. An electric seat swivel would be so nice!

hi is it just me or is it a nightmare to turn the drivers seat around without it taking 10 attempts and what a bad design having to put the handbrake off
Moving the steering wheel up helps a bit. Still a pain in the arse, but - hey ho - camping's all about relaxing!

You have even less space to play with if you have the Brandrup seat pockets.
Hi, I was just on the Brandrup site and was thinking about buying the utility seat pockets along with half the shop lol! is it possible to still turn the seats with them on?

Hi, I was just on the Brandrup site and was thinking about buying the utility seat pockets along with half the shop lol! is it possible to still turn the seats with them on?

Yes it should , but makes it even harder...
I got some brandrup pockets but not the ones behind the seats , think they are not that handy and in the way most times....

I have an irritating habit of looping my handbag over the drivers seat headrest when I stop to get it out of the way whilst waking between front and back, raising roof, turning gas on, swivelling seat.

Having swivelled seat, reclined back, pushed seat backwards against the steering wheel....

Then reverse half the procedure to free handbag :oops:

Thanks,

Getting a bit carried away as thinking about taking it to France then onto Spain and just trying to make the most of the space with having 2 kids in the van. Ordered the roof box today and next on the list is the comfort leisure awning room and topper.

Kind Regards,

Mick

Problem is Mick, the more space you have the more you carry to fill the space :shocked

Not a problem turning the seat with the Brandrup seat pockets on, lots of extra storage space in a handy spot too.