Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Forum's gone soft / becoming Facebook

I got more problems with registred members who do not post (even when member for years ...) and reading here with no input whatever.
I can clearly see that you like this site a lot, Wim :thumb Me too: I read as much as I can and enjoy this site but I think I'm more a reader than a commentor and that's fine by me :happy
Greetings
Calibusje

I can clearly see that you like this site a lot, Wim :thumb Me too: I read as much as I can and enjoy this site but I think I'm more a reader than a commentor and that's fine by me :happy
Greetings
Calibusje

Sure , and we know who you are , you been to meets ,....
But those ghost members for me if no posts afther few weeks ....delete them!

BTW , seems long time since you where here to!;)

Last edited:
Hello Wim / hotel california
I encourage your (and all the others) effort for the site :thumb! I'm not much of a poster, I'm more a reader ;) but at least once a week I'm on the site.
See you later and greetings
Calibusje

Last edited:
I rather reply with an answer instead just tapping a like button....as i say liking disagree ...al a bit to much facebookstyle .....
Seems some notice i rarely use those feature....:thumb
Nothing personal , but guess i am not in those things .....
I see many disagrees in posts by people who don't even contribute the actual topic...
why on earth...?
When i joined this forum three years ago....the like/ disagree feature was not there .....for me it can be turned back that way.
I got many likes and thanks in those three years witch i realy apriciate , but i could live without the feature.
Sometimes i get more satisfaction from one good reply on a post by me than 10x one like...
Liking is indeed a quick and easy way to respond on a mesage

Don't you prefer 10 readers pushing the 'I agree' button' rather than writing a reply: 'me too' or 'yes indeed' or 'I agree' ? These buttons make it easy to see if a majority of members 'agrees' or 'disagree's ' with a posting It is not for the poster (he/she sticks to his/her opinion) but for the other readers a key indicator : the more members confirm what is written in the posting the more worth reading the message . A similar story for 'thanks' button to let the poster/readers know 'thank you for sharing this, this was helpfull for me too'. etc..

If you wonder why always the same people contribute: some contributers seem to make it a competition to answer as fast as possible as many questions as possible, sometimes within minutes after a message is posted..it makes no sense for the others then to write a few hours/days later :' hey I knew the answer also..' (but they can push the 'agree' button of course :)). On the other hand it is very normal to have 20% writers and 80% readers on a forum, would become very noisy if everyone replies to every message o_O
I try to read most messages and use the buttons where applicable,I love the forum and its contributors as it is..

I'm not making a competition on responding as fast as i can or getting as many posts i can.
Let's see , now litlle over three years on here , close to 3000 posts , so average of about 3 posts a day , is that to much?
I try to take time to write answers on Q's or a smal text instead clicking on a prefab tab saying agree or disagree and swap to the next post.
Maybe some others making a competiton on liking as much post they can thinking they make themself popular?
Rather one good reply the ten "push the button's"

As i said before i do not have to go over and facebook and instagram ( as i am not on them) and this ( and maybe other forums ) every day as many other people ....for me i read this forum as it was my daily newspaper and so more than 50% of the time i "want" to spent online is already gone here. I do got real hobby's like walking my dog , gardening ,etc.... Not addicted to this screen at all....

Last edited:
You will only get likes from me or I will post an opinion as Tapatalk only gives that option unless you switch to web view which I can't be bothered to do.
I visit this forum and one other. Rest of my on line stuff is bolted down to who I want to talk to for which I use whatsapp.

Mike