Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Window tint - ball park costs

Poodlehat2222

Poodlehat2222

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi everyone. We have the factory tint on our Coast, but it's not enough. Has anyone had dark tint fitted recently that would mind letting me know the cost?
I'm too late for my summer travels but it definitely needs doing. Just want to know the sort of costs I should be looking at.
I searched past posts, but can't see a price from this year.

I had mine done at Liverpool vw can centre when I bought our coast. It was slightly less than ordering the tint but not 100% sure on the cost. They use a local company to do it for them so I'm sure that they will take a little percentage too .
However it's excellent. Much nicer than the factory tint and doesn't stop much daylight.

I’ve had a quote over the phone for 200-240+vat, the 40 difference is a variable for not knowing the exact size of the small section of window at the side of the cupboard. The quote was before I got my Cali so I couldn’t measure the size of it.

I’ve had a quote over the phone for 200-240+vat, the 40 difference is a variable for not knowing the exact size of the small section of window at the side of the cupboard. The quote was before I got my Cali so I couldn’t measure the size of it.
Perfect. Thank you. Just a bit annoyed with myself for paying for the VW tint. I agonised over it for ages and ultimately made the wrong call. >£600 all in for tinting now.

I paid around £275 (can check exact amount if necesaary) for a Limo tint for a Beach in March 2021.
Paid a similar price for my Ocean in 2016.

Thanks
I paid around £275 (can check exact amount if necesaary) for a Limo tint for a Beach in March 2021.
Paid a similar price for my Ocean in 2016.
£275 is perfect as a guide. When I'm getting a quote, I like to know if they are taking the mick or its too good to be true. Usually you have an idea of what things cost, but with this, I didn't know if it was 25 quid or 3k.

Thanks

£275 is perfect as a guide. When I'm getting a quote, I like to know if they are taking the mick or its too good to be true. Usually you have an idea of what things cost, but with this, I didn't know if it was 25 quid or 3k.
Also this was a guy who is used by Audi and others as has such a good reputation. May be good to have a search around your local area and see who is well recommended…

Hi everyone. We have the factory tint on our Coast, but it's not enough. Has anyone had dark tint fitted recently that would mind letting me know the cost?
I'm too late for my summer travels but it definitely needs doing. Just want to know the sort of costs I should be looking at.
I searched past posts, but can't see a price from this year.
Had ours done limo tint £250 at Wraps & Tints Preston Lancashire

I had mine done at Liverpool vw can centre when I bought our coast. It was slightly less than ordering the tint but not 100% sure on the cost. They use a local company to do it for them so I'm sure that they will take a little percentage too .
However it's excellent. Much nicer than the factory tint and doesn't stop much daylight.
Of course window tinting is a very personal matter but most seem to go for limo tints AKA 95% reduction in light transfer, so it does actually allow only 5% transmission of daylight, quite a lot really.

Back