Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Little Ocean Drawer

mirek

mirek

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
After a couple of weeks of personal research, I decided to pursuit challenges of fitting a little drawer under the rear seat on a T6.1 Ocean.

Original VW part numbers that were needed:
  • 1 x drawer - 7LA 068 041 B NA2
  • 2 x rail - 7H7 067 470
  • Screws - this is the hardest part, I succeeded with 8 x N907 750 01 and 2 x N905 624 01
Here's my notes:
  1. Not as simple as it looks to be
  2. Highly rewarding though
  3. Even a pro VW dealer might be challenged to order the right set of equipment for your model
  4. Consider cheaper alternatives such as this or that
  5. Or just simply order the drawer with a new vehicle, easily done.
The actual result:
little_drawer.jpg

After a couple of weeks of personal research, I decided to pursuit challenges of fitting a little drawer under the rear seat on a T6.1 Ocean.

Original VW part numbers that were needed:
  • 1 x drawer - 7LA 068 041 B NA2
  • 2 x rail - 7H7 067 470
  • Screws - this is the hardest part, I succeeded with 8 x N907 750 01 and 2 x N905 624 01
Here's my notes:
  1. Not as simple as it looks to be
  2. Highly rewarding though
  3. Even a pro VW dealer might be challenged to order the right set of equipment for your model
  4. Consider cheaper alternatives such as this or that
  5. Or just simply order the drawer with a new vehicle, easily done.
The actual result:
View attachment 124391
Good job. That drawer is proper Marmite, I loved it but not everyone does.

Good job. That drawer is proper Marmite, I loved it but not everyone does.
As you say marmite, don’t always miss what you don’t have and adapt to what you do have. I spec the drawer on my van and find it useful, if I didn’t have it perhaps would have stored the levelling ramps there, but these have been ditched.

We love this drawer, we call it the Tech drawer as we keep all our cables, chargers, lights, mobile router, mini air pump etc in it. easy to access. I have also noticed that on a hot day it seems to stay nice and cool so not a worry with the numerous device batteries.

Yes the little drawer is so useful - did you get the runners from vw or did you go to the manufacturer and get them at a fraction of the price

There is a is a bespoke insert box for this space at vw campercentrum (Netherlands) which slides in to the exact space. I do have the drawer but actually wish I had something easily removable at times to put longer items in the boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a is a bespoke insert box for this space at vw campercentrum (Netherlands) which slides in to the exact space. I do have the drawer but actually wish I had something easily removable at times to put longer items in the boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since I could not fit all the skis into the tunnel anyway, the drawer won this puzzle game.

No complaints about living and storage space in the T6.1 range - it's great :)

The net for the roof hatch, which comes with the drawer when you spec it with the van, is also very handy. I wonder how much VW would charge for the parts though.

I previously had a bespoke box that fitted in that space, it was ok until the bench was brought forward to make up into a bed. The factory draw moves with the bench so is always accessible.

Hi - we are also looking at fitting this drawer so really good post on it. How did you find out the right colour drawer front for your ocean as there are apparently different colours. Many thanks

Hi - we are also looking at fitting this drawer so really good post on it. How did you find out the right colour drawer front for your ocean as there are apparently different colours. Many thanks
Many thanks, colour of plastics on the image is "Palladium Grey" and the floor is in "Bright Oak".

I found this information in the original VW specs list that came with the car.
I'm quite sure your local dealer could confirm such things via email if you sent them the VIN code.

The net for the roof hatch, which comes with the drawer when you spec it with the van, is also very handy. I wonder how much VW would charge for the parts though.
I removed the net, did not find it of much use and got in the way.

Back