Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The London Loop

A year on and 185 miles later, I have completed the LOOP, including the missing link.

ea831d5d9cf58d29f334a1b1701a3722.jpg

d4cd0bbe62d0eeb26bf5337657b37e2c.jpg

7.4 miles - mostly tedious along the tidal estuaries of the Rivers Darent and Cray.

A year on and 185 miles later, I have completed the LOOP, including the missing link.

ea831d5d9cf58d29f334a1b1701a3722.jpg

d4cd0bbe62d0eeb26bf5337657b37e2c.jpg

7.4 miles - mostly tedious along the tidal estuaries of the Rivers Darent and Cray.
Meg wants to know what’s next!?

Many congratulations Tom for such a useful blog and for completing the London Loop, no mean feat. I live in Enfield which is a much maligned place, but I am glad you enjoyed Turkey Brook and the green spaces of north London,

Well done. Enjoyed reading.
Kudos for taking a road less travelled.

Meg wants to know what’s next!?
I did the three big walks in the vain hope of being able to keep up with Ben and Meg this weekend climbing Helvellyn. Unfortunately the Mountain Weather Information Service forecast is so poor for Saturday that we have decided to postpone our trip.

I think I might do the Capital Ring again, but this time anti clockwise.

I did the three big walks in the vain hope of being able to keep up with Ben and Meg this weekend climbing Helvellyn. Unfortunately the Mountain Weather Information Service forecast is so poor for Saturday that we have decided to postpone our trip.

I think I might do the Capital Ring again, but this time anti clockwise.
Sorry to hear that Tom, Helvellyn can be a pig if the weather isn’t on your side.
There’s still loads of lower level walks which are just as amazing.

Woolwich Ferry strike​

Strike action is planned on the Woolwich Ferry tomorrow, Friday 14 May. There will be no service on the Woolwich Ferry all day. Strike action is also planned to take place on Monday 24 and Friday 28 May, and on Tuesday 1, Friday 4, Monday 7, Friday 11 and Monday 21 June.

Just as I was getting ready to plan a trip! Thanks Tom for all the info on trips around London you have got me downloading maps.

Last edited: