Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The London Palladium, where the devil to park?

MarkVw2017

MarkVw2017

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello Cali Gurus,

So I have treated my wife and I to a night out at the London Palladium in a few weeks, but I have NEVER driven into London, I always take the train, but might do it in the Cali.

I'm staying for a few days in a hotel, (sorry Cali but I have no idea where to camp in London, that's a whole new thread and it will also be very cold), so does anyone know of a good long stay car park (48 hours-ish) with suitable clearance for a Cali, or anyone with a drive near by we can leave our Cali on for a few days and we will pay you in hugs and biscuits :thumb ;)

Any advice, would be greatfully and massively received as I really don't know London at all! :oops::eek::Nailbiting

Hello Cali Gurus,

So I have treated my wife and I to a night out at the London Palladium in a few weeks, but I have NEVER driven into London, I always take the train, but might do it in the Cali.

I'm staying for a few days in a hotel, (sorry Cali but I have no idea where to camp in London, that's a whole new thread and it will also be very cold), so does anyone know of a good long stay car park (48 hours-ish) with suitable clearance for a Cali, or anyone with a drive near by we can leave our Cali on for a few days and we will pay you in hugs and biscuits :thumb ;)

Any advice, would be greatfully and massively received as I really don't know London at all! :oops::eek::Nailbiting
Hyde Park Underground Car Park. I use it frequently. Can book on-line and excellent security. Park in amongst the Lamborghinis and Mclarens.

Hyde Park Underground Car Park. I use it frequently. Can book on-line and excellent security. Park in amongst the Lamborghinis and Mclarens.
Oooh, sounds very posh, thank you very mch @WelshGas :thumb

I suppose you could book the crystal palace camp site but stay in London, unless they have rules against this.

What about seeing if there are any parking deals to be had at Heathrow.....Straight off and on the M4 back to Wales.

Both could be 50% less than parking in central London and both possibly less hassle.

Westfield shopping centre in Shepherds Bush has a fab massive underground car park with a height restriction of 2.1m. It’s only £8 for 24hrs (max 72hrs) and cheaper if you sign up for smart parking in advance. It’s right on the central line too and outside congestion charge zone.

would suggest take the train - driving in London is pretty miserable, train = less environmental impact

Last edited:
would suggest take the train - driving in London is pretty miserable, train = less environmental impact
I totally agree, But, in our case travelling by train would cost almost £400 return + £12.50/24hrs parking at the station, against about 60L of diesel, about £90 and £25/24hrs parking in London.
So we save £250/trip. Never had a problem driving in London.

And, if there are 4 of us going then the saving becomes very,very significant.

I totally agree, But, in our case travelling by train would cost almost £400 return + £12.50/24hrs parking at the station, against about 60L of diesel, about £90 and £25/24hrs parking in London.
So we save £250/trip. Never had a problem driving in London.

And, if there are 4 of us going then the saving becomes very,very significant.

I don’t know where in Wales you live, but an Advance return between Swansea and Paddington can be purchased for £50. Adding a travelcard to that would be a little more.
4a00f7499709d70637824ca8a4a4298f.jpg

Would normally agree with the above, but I get the train the London everyday in the week (and cycle both ends) and often suffer delays / cancellations getting home after a night out.

+ If there are a few travelling then it often works out cheaper to drive up.

Hi @WelshGas , do you have a link. I've Google Hyde park car park and it shows me loads of car park? Is it the q park one?

Hi @WelshGas , do you have a link. I've Google Hyde park car park and it shows me loads of car park? Is it the q park one?
That’s the one.

Marble Arch Car Park is basically the same car park, different entrance.

Last edited:
That’s the one.

Thanks.it looks like a posh car park, thought I would never say that about a car park. So it's £77 for two nights, so if I book it, does that mean I'm guaranteed a car park space or is it still dog eat dog?. Would hate to drive 5 hours only to find I can't get a space when I get in. Do you get an allocated parking space number or something like that? Apologies for the novice questions!

Thanks.it looks like a posh car park, thought I would never say that about a car park. So it's £77 for two nights, so if I book it, does that mean I'm guaranteed a car park space or is it still dog eat dog?. Would hate to drive 5 hours only to find I can't get a space when I get in. Do you get an allocated parking space number or something like that? Apologies for the novice questions!
Yes. No allocated space. There will be a space. I’ve never had a problem even when the London Marathon was on.

I know it seems expensive/posh and no doubt there will be comments about the cost, but it’s secure and it’s there within walking distance of all the sights.

I know it seems expensive/posh and no doubt there will be comments about the cost, but it’s secure and it’s there within walking distance of all the sights.
Love my car's, feel the car park will be a hidden tourist attraction for me :) thanks very much!!!

Back