Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The New T7 California can be ordered from today in Germany + configurator.

It's a van. It looks like a van. Apparently it drives like a car. I can live with that. It may have a bit less space than the T6.1 inside but certainly more than the T2 I used to love. It also wasn't a thing of beauty.

Bland..... but hey ho that's the VW module build process......not for me

Small van or one of those car derived vans.

It's a van. It looks like a van. Apparently it drives like a car. I can live with that. It may have a bit less space than the T6.1 inside but certainly more than the T2 I used to love. It also wasn't a thing of bea

Now you’ve gone and done it. You’ve (unintentionally) brought up the fact that the Multivan T7 has less space inside than a T2.
IMG_0198.jpeg
IMG_0199.jpeg
IMG_0200.jpeg

If its comfy then all is forgiven..... Our X545e could be deemed a touch fugly but with the comfort seats / air suspension / 395hp,and 21k plus on the original 20in tyres ............all is forgiven (the more attractive 22in option would have been kaput by now)

The Buzz is a cracking design but just doesn't hit the spot

A little Fugly or maybe a bad angle?
Not pretty but no worse than T6, T5, T4 or T3. Never understood how VW took the T2 and then came up with the godawful-looking vans that followed.

But there’s hope with the ID Buzz at least.

Not pretty but no worse than T6, T5, T4 or T3. Never understood how VW took the T2 and then came up with the godawful-looking vans that followed.

But there’s hope with the ID Buzz at least.
I really like the look of the Buzz, but the seats are not as movable as the MV.

Theres a term butterface. I would extend to that to Butterface/hips/arse in this case. But when you riding, who cares, comfiness trumps all...:Grin
Oh my days, don’t mention trump !
Face like a plasterers radio ?
Or is that something else ?

View attachment 128531
Which ones longer ?

View attachment 128532
View attachment 128533
View attachment 128534
View attachment 128535
Also.
The adaptive cruise: absolutely brilliant.
Stops when a car stops in front.
Don’t touch the brake for 2 minutes, car moves off in front, and awayyyyyyy.
Lane keeping steering is fantastic pulls you back gently into the lane.
Doesn’t feel like VW SW at all.

Seats are amazing.
Just brilliant.
Electric adjustment for squab, height, front and back, height.
4 way electric lumbar.
Headrest 4 way as well.
Alcantera seat covers and half leather perfect.
Auto hold.
Can’t fault it. Yet !
But the adaptive cruise on my T6.1 does this. When car stops in front you stop and then away if only for short moment................................same with lane guidance. I used both on trip back from Ireland last weekend.

But the adaptive cruise on my T6.1 does this. When car stops in front you stop and then away if only for short moment................................same with lane guidance. I used both on trip back from Ireland last weekend.
Bizarre.
I had a MY23 Cali Ocean 6.1
Adaptive cruise would say I had to put my foot on the brake when it came to a stop behind a car.
When the car moved off, I’d take foot off the brake.
And then it would go.

In the 7 MV, I don’t have to put my foot on the brake while it’s waiting to move off.

Bizarre.
I had a MY23 Cali Ocean 6.1
Adaptive cruise would say I had to put my foot on the brake when it came to a stop behind a car.
When the car moved off, I’d take foot off the brake.
And then it would go.

In the 7 MV, I don’t have to put my foot on the brake while it’s waiting to move off.
How odd. I don't have to put foot on brake,

How odd. I don't have to put foot on brake,
Mine must have been foo’bar’d then.
Interesting !

Nevertheless, the driving position and seat crippled me.
Onwards with the MV to see how that fares.

Good luck with MV - I must admit the driving position for me is spot on in T6.1 but then I came from a 2007 T5 conversion so was always going to be better. I was really impressed with my drive back from Ireland (via Cairnryan) 50% of which was in dark. Found the high beam assist LED's brilliant and v quick to react. Travelling between 70 - 75 i was impressed to get around 40 mpg as well which I thought was pretty good with now just over 10k miles on clock. Real test will be from end of next week travelling to Arran, the Kintyre, Kilberry and then up via Oban to Lochearnhead before decnding to relations near Egremont in the Lakes.

Good luck with MV - I must admit the driving position for me is spot on in T6.1 but then I came from a 2007 T5 conversion so was always going to be better. I was really impressed with my drive back from Ireland (via Cairnryan) 50% of which was in dark. Found the high beam assist LED's brilliant and v quick to react. Travelling between 70 - 75 i was impressed to get around 40 mpg as well which I thought was pretty good with now just over 10k miles on clock. Real test will be from end of next week travelling to Arran, the Kintyre, Kilberry and then up via Oban to Lochearnhead before decnding to relations near Egremont in the Lakes.
Nice trek, enjoy, it’s the journey which is fun.
And even better in a California !

Mine must have been foo’bar’d then.
Interesting !

Nevertheless, the driving position and seat crippled me.
Onwards with the MV to see how that fares.
Sitting in my T6.1 I have the impression that the seating is comfortable for me but when I get out after an about 3 hours drive my first steps are a bit wobbly, so there is obviously room for improvement. I'll be curious to hear you experience after a lengthier drive.

Hey everyone,

I’ve been following the discussions here for a while and decided to make my first post to get some advice.

I’m pretty set on getting the beach camper since it’ll mainly be used as a regular car for my family of four, with occasional camping trips (longest probably 2-3 weeks, once or twice a year).

One thing I’m still debating is the built-in kitchen. I’m considering whether I should go for the beach tour instead and wait for some third-party removable kitchen options.

Has anyone here tried the built-in kitchen in the Berlingo California? It should be the same.

Thanks in advance :)

Take a look at a Willy, from maxxcamp.de, as @Kayleigh has showed me.
Might be a better solution ?
The MV 6 seater has performed perfectly.
The size is perfect inside.
The drive is brilliant.
But
The ID Buzz GTX dual motor Long wheel base has caught my eye.
Had an 86kWh battery and can do 287 miles.
Maybe 200 with the way I drive.
But my furthest customer is 132 miles away.
So might fit the bill too !

Once you are sat inside you cannot tell what it looks like from outside. I would value comfort inside over looks outside.

Also, there are always colours that suit a body shape more. Note the two tone that VW seems to be using in all of their publicity.

Once you are sat inside you cannot tell what it looks like from outside. I would value comfort inside over looks outside.

Also, there are always colours that suit a body shape more. Note the two tone that VW seems to be using in all of their publicity.
The new Eriba campervan on crafter base is two tone. Looks good

Take a look at a Willy, from maxxcamp.de, as @Kayleigh has showed me.
Might be a better solution ?
The MV 6 seater has performed perfectly.
The size is perfect inside.
The drive is brilliant.
But
The ID Buzz GTX dual motor Long wheel base has caught my eye.
Had an 86kWh battery and can do 287 miles.
Maybe 200 with the way I drive.
But my furthest customer is 132 miles away.
So might fit the bill too !
Yes I think kitchen options are still a bit limited for the Multivan. The Maxcamp module is pretty good and compact. My only real criticism of it is that if using the main drawer to hold a fridge, the ventilation is limited. There is an extractor fan but it only kicks in when it’s really hot. The other option is a boot kitchen, but these are not to everyone’s taste.

Hey everyone,

I’ve been following the discussions here for a while and decided to make my first post to get some advice.

I’m pretty set on getting the beach camper since it’ll mainly be used as a regular car for my family of four, with occasional camping trips (longest probably 2-3 weeks, once or twice a year).

One thing I’m still debating is the built-in kitchen. I’m considering whether I should go for the beach tour instead and wait for some third-party removable kitchen options.

Has anyone here tried the built-in kitchen in the Berlingo California? It should be the same.

Thanks in advance :)
Have you considered a T6.1 beach camper? :)

Back