The New T7 California can be ordered from today in Germany + configurator.

Will they be able to offer a discount? Or will it now be the system were the dealer only gets a fee for a acting as an agent for VW. You're infact buying it from VW.

FYI: The new t7 'California' prices in euros (Germany)
Beach: 62,689.20
Beach Tour: 67,824.05
Beach Camper: 69,472.20
Coast: 77,839.95
Ocean: 84,359.10
Can be ordered from today in Germany:
Everyone has their own opinion, but he will certainly have his supporters just like any previous one. Personally, I'll stick with our 2022 T6.1 Coast because it's still a pleasure to have, drive and of course travel with it :thumb

Uk range and prices

The move to just 10 dealerships could be a good thing, if it means that the teams there are knowledgeable about the California. It could make the service around issues like bellowsgate far more consistent.

Would be really useful to know the other 9, especially to see if these are spread regionally.

Uk range and prices
For £20k less than the new Beach you can get a Caddy Maxi California that in many ways would actually be better.
No need to turn the middle rear seat to make the bed, it’s got a cooker, it’s more compact, it’s got floor space to put a toilet for night time use. The only obvious advantage of the new Beach is the poptop, but that may leak anyway.
Feel free to tell me if I’m talking nonsense! :D

For £20k less than the new Beach you can get a Caddy Maxi California that in many ways would actually be better.
No need to turn the middle rear seat to make the bed, it’s got a cooker, it’s more compact, it’s got floor space to put a toilet for night time use. The only obvious advantage of the new Beach is the poptop, but that may leak anyway.
You are talking nonsense!

Have you tried standing up in a caddy?

I like the logic but then for £20k less than the new beach you could get the old beach! :)

The move to just 10 dealerships could be a good thing, if it means that the teams there are knowledgeable about the California. It could make the service around issues like bellowsgate far more consistent.

Would be really useful to know the other 9, especially to see if these are spread regionally.
Breeze definitely diserve to be one of the ten. In fact it's a relief that they are.

Nice of VW to keep all the current & signed up users up to date.

M
You are talking nonsense!

Have you tried standing up in a caddy?
My father has a caddy camper, maxi van conversion that will be up for sale this weekend anyone interested?

Breeze definitely diserve to be one of the ten. In fact it's a relief that they are.
Sadly not good when I bought mine. Rang twice and no call back so I bought from North Wales, similar to another local customer who had the same issue (who gave me the contact)

Then when I was offered a VW Cali at cost option to change due to the sliding door issues they went dutch auction on me..... deal with someone else....obtain their price and I'll see if I can beat it.

1. Breeze Poole
2. Fish Brothers VW Van Centre Swindon

8 more to find to make the list of 10 California dealers going forwards…..

I reckon swansway B’ham will be one.
Or maybe Listers Droitwich.
I know Hereford Vertu is NOT one.
Liverpool has good reviews

Equipment details from here: https://www.vwpress.co.uk/en-gb/releases/5197

Ocean looks good value (everything's relative) to me...

The California Beach Camper features a generous level of standard equipment, including:

• 16" "Syracuse" Alloy wheels in silver; 17" "Dundrod" Alloy wheels for eHybrid (only)
  • Sliding doors on the left and right passenger compartments
  • Multifunction leather steering wheel with paddle shifters
  • Ready 2 Discover Infotainment System with 10" Display
  • App-Connect including App-Connect Wireless for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
  • Voice Control Plus
  • 2 USB-C ports at the front, 4 USB-C charging sockets in the passenger compartment 45W
  • 230V inverter with socket on driver's seat
  • Air conditioning system with manual control, with auxiliary heater for passenger compartment
  • Auxiliary pre-heater
  • Mini kitchen
  • Awning in black (housing and rail) left
  • Front and rear parking sensors
  • Anti-theft alarm system with interior surveillance, back-up horn and towing protection
  • "Front Assist" with pedestrian and cyclist detection and emergency braking
  • “Lane Assist” and Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Central locking system with keyless start system, with safe lock
  • Charging cable Mode 2 Type 2 2
  • Driver's compartment: opaque curtain for windscreen and magnetic curtains for side cab windows
  • For darkening of interior, roller blinds on sliding doors & tailgate, storage pocket for recesses between the C-D pillar
  • 5-seater / 4-sleeper
In addition, the California Coast variant adds equipment including:

• 17" "Dundrod" Alloy wheels in silver as standard
  • Climatronic 3-zone air conditioning system
  • Rear view camera
  • Coast kitchen with outdoor folding table for cooking
  • Electro-hydraulic elevating roof, with three windows
  • Driver's compartment: thermal blinds for the windscreen and side cab windows
  • Outdoor shower connection
  • “Park Assist” with front and rear parking sensors
  • Two additional camping batteries (40Ah LiFePo)
  • 4-seater / 4-sleeper
On top of this, the flagship of the new California range, California Ocean, adds equipment including:

• 18" "Toshima" Alloy wheels in silver as standard
  • Discover Pro Navigation System with 10" display
  • IQ. Light LED matrix headlights with LED daytime running lights
  • Illuminated strip between the headlights
  • Interior lighting concept with lighting in the pop-up roof, tailgate, ambient lighting around the kitchen cupboard, apron lighting on the sliding door entry.
  • Ambient lighting available in 30 colours
  • Ocean kitchen with outdoor folding table for cooking and roof storage box
  • Seat heating for both seats in the driver's cab, left and right separately adjustable
  • Camper parking heater for continuous operation, including heating and ventilation, with a radio remote control for windscreen de-icing
  • Power latching for sliding door, left and right
  • Power latching for tailgate
  • Central locking with keyless locking and starting system "Keyless Advanced" with safe lock
  • “Travel Assist”
  • 4-seater / 4-sleeper

Interesting. The Coast now has the electric roof and the outdoor shower as standard but no longer has a parking heater. Probably a better default spec for most people seeing that so many people seem to only use their van for half the year.

And the Ocean has a better spec than the T6.1 models with shower, Discover Pro infotainment and 18’’ alloys as standard.

The awning is standard on all models.

How many dealers are there now? 10 doesn't seem very much if you want warranty work done and don't live near one of those 10.

looked like 14 including Jersey & Isle of Man if you use the VW site to search for a dealer that stocks campers.

10 years back there were very few California Dealers & they all seemed to depend on just one bloke that had some knowledge, I think as there have been more & more vans in circulation. & staff have moved between dealers the knowledge has become more widespread.

Alan Day at Hampstead for instance have never to my knowledge sold Californias but have experienced staff in the workshop that know all about them & are responsible for maintaining a couple of decent sized fleets of hire vans.

Back