Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The New T7 California can be ordered from today in Germany + configurator.

Its not the horror story its the lies / service...

Unable to get through
Lies
Inaction
More lies
Inaction
Unable to get through
Cut off
Unable to get through
Not paying but taking the money

Like any service you're only based on how you deal with problems. However the icing on the cake was an overestimation on my Late Father's place....they accept a dated photograph of the meter, than ignored it and added an extra 400kwh usage to the revised bill

Anyway

Could be too warm for them as they don't work so well in heat. Mine shut down when too warm so no generation so may be the reason.
It's currently 32C in Barcelona and my panels are pumping out power. It would be more if it were cooler, but still enough to cover my air conditioning with surplus being fed into the system for credits to my virtual battery. Solar was effectively illegal in Spain under the conservative government until 2019 when they were voted out (google Spain tax on the sun), and the repercussions of that delay are still being felt.

Last edited:
Off topic but just got back from Mallorca, couldn't believe how few properties had solar panels. Seems nuts given the amount of sunshine.
The newest systems have solar panels in the shape of roof tiles that replace the original tiles, so there may be more systems than you were aware of.

The newest systems have solar panels in the shape of roof tiles that replace the original tiles, so there may be more systems than you were aware of.
I've put them on a couple of my projects in the UK but they do need a bit of refinement - as usual it's a could do better for modern tech

Any chance of this thread staying on topic please?

No.....lol.....

T7 not for me. Less space / more money ....hmmmm nope.

Any chance of this thread staying on topic please?
Not a chance. From my experience on another forum once the watch enthusiasts take over a thread there is no return! Rolex, who cares? Rather a lot of people it seems.

But I am watching the T7 debate with interest. It does seem to be a triumph of speculation over hard facts. Until someone in the community gets their hands on one and gives us some real world feedback I shall reserve judgement. Mostly the resistance to 'the new' dissipates once the new becomes the accepted default.

Not a chance. From my experience on another forum once the watch enthusiasts take over a thread there is no return! Rolex, who cares? Rather a lot of people it seems.

But I am watching the T7 debate with interest. It does seem to be a triumph of speculation over hard facts. Until someone in the community gets their hands on one and gives us some real world feedback I shall reserve judgement. Mostly the resistance to 'the new' dissipates once the new becomes the accepted default.
Sort of get your point but some real world feedback isn’t going to make a vehicle too big for a standard parking bay any smaller. Nor is it going to make the beds any wider. Nor is it going to make 1 burner work when you usually use 2. Storage space I agree, wait for real world feedback, but doesn’t look promising.

I think practically all EV's are suffering the same fate presently, There's Porsche Taycans selling for a third of the new price after 3 years and the Volvo EV I have has halved in value in 2 years.

It'll be interesting to see if the new government will to anything to re-energise the EV market.....
The Taycan has a Chinese manufactured look a like rival now, the Xiaomi SU7 for around €30,000. Not bad from a mobile phone company.

Sort of get your point but some real world feedback isn’t going to make a vehicle too big for a standard parking bay any smaller. Nor is it going to make the beds any wider. Nor is it going to make 1 burner work when you usually use 2. Storage space I agree, wait for real world feedback, but doesn’t look promising.
An influencer could?

I agree with the sentiment that until these cars can be viewed in the flesh and driven I'm going to reserve judgement. I've said before that opinions of this vehicle may be different in a few years time.

I appreciate the T7 may not be for everyone, but I do believe it will bring a new buyer to the brand. Not so long back people were commenting that when the T6.1 production run stopped used prices would start rising as no one would want a T7. Well half of that statement definitely isn't the case so far!!!!!

when the T6.1 production run stopped used prices would start rising as no one would want a T7. Well half of that statement definitely isn't the case so far!!!!!
Well I think VW flooding the market in the last year and offering silly low deals to encourage uptake certainly hasn't helped the secondary market. Jury is still out until the MV hits the forecourts. A bounce in T6.1 prices is still a strong possibility.

I agree with the sentiment that until these cars can be viewed in the flesh and driven I'm going to reserve judgement. I've said before that opinions of this vehicle may be different in a few years time.

I appreciate the T7 may not be for everyone, but I do believe it will bring a new buyer to the brand. Not so long back people were commenting that when the T6.1 production run stopped used prices would start rising as no one would want a T7. Well half of that statement definitely isn't the case so far!!!!!

Think it will sell well to couples that are used to camping / packing light. But looks very tight on practical space for families.

Think it will sell well to couples that are used to camping / packing light. But looks very tight on practical space for families.
World population is getting older. Foreign Holidays aimed at families.

Not sure about that but it wouldn’t surprise me if it contributes further to the difficulties the VW group seem to be experiencing. Pretty much all their EVs appear to be unpopular compared to the rivals. The Buzz just makes no sense in general. They’ve certainly narrowed the market with the Sharavan so I doubt it’ll be a resounding success. VW have lost their way IMO.
The Buzz is brilliant, i have had one but it is not a camper. It is just a very expensive 5 seater with enormous depreciation.

Pretty much every T6 I see around here is being used by middle-aged or older couples. We use ours as a nice car, rather than a camper, due to family circumstances and probably in this demographic.

I think I read VW are looking at different markets and a family of Californias, not just one base vehicle too.

I think I read VW are looking at different markets and a family of Californias, not just one base vehicle too.
I have yet to see a Caddy Cali in the field (so to speak). Only at Shows. I can't see it being a big seller due to all the limitations as a camper.

I quite fancied buying one and looked at them in various dealers. It's fine for what it is and ideal for single campers. Very good base vehicle. I thought the T6 scene was keen but Caddy owners are even more committed. Lots of Caddy owners mod them and show them off.

The Buzz is brilliant, i have had one but it is not a camper. It is just a very expensive 5 seater with enormous depreciation.
Not very appealing to many, in part due to the terrible range from new that’ll only get worse with age. Enormous depreciation caused by a high initial purchase price followed by low demand for secondhand examples.

I gave it a 4 out 10....the format didn't work. The ID3 we had and did 53k miles in 30months was a hoot in comparison.

Not very appealing to many, in part due to the terrible range from new that’ll only get worse with age. Enormous depreciation caused by a high initial purchase price followed by low demand for secondhand examples.
High Depreciation was caused by VW doing silly PCP deals at £300 per month to shift vehicles.
Range was fair at 200 to 250 miles depending on weather and how it is driven.
Charging at home on cheap Octopus rates it was approx 2.5p per mile compared to ice at 25p per mile.

High Depreciation was caused by VW doing silly PCP deals at £300 per month to shift vehicles.
Range was fair at 200 to 250 miles depending on weather and how it is driven.
Charging at home on cheap Octopus rates it was approx 2.5p per mile compared to ice at 25p per mile.
Why did they need to shift the vehicles? Nobody wanted them? I can’t honestly believe you’d actually get 250 miles out of one. Published range of 257 means real world likely to be 220 in the summer, 180 in the winter. That’s not exactly great. So many better options out there if you want an MPV. Most EVs are around 2.5p per mile but loads out there with decent range. My i4 gives me a real world range of 280 miles. It’s miles better than the Buzz (no pun intended). The software and UI also happens to work brilliantly too.

Last edited:
Why did they need to shift the vehicles? Nobody wanted them? I can’t honestly believe you’d actually get 250 miles out of one. Published range of 257 means real world likely to be 220 in the summer, 180 in the winter. That’s not exactly great. So many better options out there if you want an MPV. Most EVs are around 2.5p per mile but loads out there with decent range. My i4 gives me a real world range of 280 miles. It’s miles better than the Buzz (no pun intended). The software and UI also happens to work brilliantly too.
Even worse in Scandanvian winter conditions. From full charge to zero electrons got you around 150 miles range.

The ID3 we had and did 53k miles in 30months was a hoot in comparison.

That’s good to hear. Got one arriving next week. Really enjoyed a brief test drive in one.

Back