Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The New T7 California can be ordered from today in Germany + configurator.

Exactly what I would say if I was a dealer. Focus on shifting current stock etc. They tell you any old rubbish to maximise £.
I’ll be asking around 5 dealers for quotes and also Jim & Andy at DTD, as previously purchased 4Motion from them and had 10% discount.
But if DTD are telling me that VW are going this route “maybe, we don’t know yet” then I’d trust them. As they will beat any other dealer in the country, apart from Breeze recently, on price.
So I don’t listen or take “rubbish”
Also be asking a mate in the Audi trade if the “agency model” is true from VW, for the MV/T7 California.

Yet no soul. You're just wearing a disposable appliance.
That's a fair point, but it depends what you want as an accurate ability to tell the time the Garmin is vastly superior to a Rolex. (I also own a Rolex a couple of Patek Philiipe watches which I rarely wear since Covid)

I’ll be asking around 5 dealers for quotes and also Jim & Andy at DTD, as previously purchased 4Motion from them and had 10% discount.
But if DTD are telling me that VW are going this route “maybe, we don’t know yet” then I’d trust them. As they will beat any other dealer in the country, apart from Breeze recently, on price.
So I don’t listen or take “rubbish”
Also be asking a mate in the Audi trade if the “agency model” is true from VW, for the MV/T7 California.
IF they don't sell there will be incentives/discounts I'm sure. Always have been, way of the world.

IF they don't sell there will be incentives/discounts I'm sure. Always have been, way of the world.
It'll follow the fate of the Buzz and there'll be a LE Own Goal Edition within the year.

It'll follow the fate of the Buzz and there'll be a LE Own Goal Edition within the year.
In your dreams. Two very different vehicles.
The IDBuzz, was too expensive and too retro in style to some.
The New California is the replacement for the present commercial based California and at the moment will be the only complete Campervan built by one manufacturer with a full warranty from same manufacturer. All the others new Campervans are 3rd party conversions.

Not sure about that but it wouldn’t surprise me if it contributes further to the difficulties the VW group seem to be experiencing. Pretty much all their EVs appear to be unpopular compared to the rivals. The Buzz just makes no sense in general. They’ve certainly narrowed the market with the Sharavan so I doubt it’ll be a resounding success. VW have lost their way IMO.

Not sure about that but it wouldn’t surprise me if it contributes further to the difficulties the VW group seem to be experiencing. Pretty much all their EVs appear to be unpopular compared to the rivals. The Buzz just makes no sense in general. They’ve certainly narrowed the market with the Sharavan so I doubt it’ll be a resounding success. VW have lost their way IMO.
I think practically all EV's are suffering the same fate presently, There's Porsche Taycans selling for a third of the new price after 3 years and the Volvo EV I have has halved in value in 2 years.

It'll be interesting to see if the new government will to anything to re-energise the EV market.....

That's a fair point, but it depends what you want as an accurate ability to tell the time the Garmin is vastly superior to a Rolex. (I also own a Rolex a couple of Patek Philiipe watches which I rarely wear since Covid)
I agree. I wear a Garmin Fenix 7 all the time and it's proven v useful for reading heart rate and pulseox. I have a very slow pulse often between 42 - 48; doctor was amazed at how accurate it is compared to his monitor. It also proves useful in mountains with it's adjustable storm alert

I think practically all EV's are suffering the same fate presently, There's Porsche Taycans selling for a third of the new price after 3 years and the Volvo EV I have has halved in value in 2 years.

It'll be interesting to see if the new government will to anything to re-energise the EV market.....
VW EVs are particularly badly performing compared to Tesla and BMW. Having had one I can really see why too…

Would like an ID Buzz if I had Solar / Battery on the house. Not sure if it would work out for 3 years on overnight at hotels / service stations.

It only works if you can charge at home IMHO. I’m switching to an EV tariff at 7p/kwh. On the 58kw ID3, that works out at £4 for a full charge (realistic 200 miles). Of course, if you self generate your power, even better.

It only works if you can charge at home IMHO. I’m switching to an EV tariff at 7p/kwh. On the 58kw ID3, that works out at £4 for a full charge (realistic 200 miles). Of course, if you self generate your power, even better.
I've looked into one of those tariffs too for my EV, but I found it pushed up the cost of peak time electricity quite a bit. So I'm guessing you need to also offset that extra cost overall.

I've looked into one of those tariffs too for my EV, but I found it pushed up the cost of peak time electricity quite a bit. So I'm guessing you need to also offset that extra cost overall.
Depends how much you need to charge your EV. For Octopus our day rate is not more expensive than other tariffs though so worth looking in to.

Of course, if you self generate your power, even better.
Off topic but just got back from Mallorca, couldn't believe how few properties had solar panels. Seems nuts given the amount of sunshine.

I’ve been playing the the German configurator and it’s going to be the perfect beast for my needs.
Used Nord vpn to get to a German vpn.
Seats are number 1 for me.
And they have height adjustment and 4 way electric lumbar. Similar to the Tiguan 4 way comfort seats.
It’s a deal breaker.
Was gona buy another defender. But no point.
Rather have a car like drive.
Then take wifey away for 2 night weekend trips.
I’ll save my pennies for 10 months and get one ordered.
Starlight blue. Black wheels.
17” front discs.
Looks like it has t-tracks for solar install.

View attachment 126016

View attachment 126014View attachment 126015
You’ve got a good war chest after selling your T6.1 bits…

I think it’s a perfect wagon for you. I like them.

Love a T6.1. Love change & new too. If I had the £, I would run one of these too.

The Intelligent Octopus Go tariff is cheaper than my standard British Gas, so better all round, plus the 7p overnight rate (can also set the dishwasher, washing machine etc).

Off topic but just got back from Mallorca, couldn't believe how few properties had solar panels. Seems nuts given the amount of sunshine.
Could be too warm for them as they don't work so well in heat. Mine shut down when too warm so no generation so may be the reason.

You’ve got a good war chest after selling your T6.1 bits…

I think it’s a perfect wagon for you. I like them.

Love a T6.1. Love change & new too. If I had the £, I would run one of these too.
Thanks! Going to test drive MV on Saturday in Hereford, so hopefully the seat is a goer.
Looks good from the pic I got sent from Guildford VW.

I have got everything I possible want, I'm also going to simplify, as I 100% carried way too much stuff.
Also, need to compartmentalize the stopping out for 1 night and for when me & wifey stop out for a week. So carry the minimum, then load it with a camping trip.

I'm going to investigate a newer type of Solar panel that will be more efficient, so I can then get starlink on a cross member and flat mounted.
So 1 solar panel and 1 crossmember with starlink and two 5g/wifi pucks on.

And the Kato's with Agilis will go straight on !
They will stick in around 6mm which is neither here nor there.

Last edited:

OVO Charge Anytime is 7p - at Anytime. The normal rate is just whatever tariff you're already on. The Charge Anytime is just a bolt on and works with any Ovo tariff.

Far better than Octopus or the alternatives as you don't have to wait for Overnight cheap rates.

My i3 charges in a couple of hours at home and last month cost around £18 for 1000 miles.

VW EVs are particularly badly performing compared to Tesla and BMW. Having had one I can really see why too…

They are nice cars but the software and UI is terrible (that's why I went for an older BMW i3 rather than a ID3) - and bearing in mind they have had 8 years of watching Tesla perfect it - it's really surprising how crap VWs effort is.

I wonder how much the VED will be, its gota have 1 burner right to class as a campervan, so still 325GBP ?

They are nice cars but the software and UI is terrible (that's why I went for an older BMW i3 rather than a ID3) - and bearing in mind they have had 8 years of watching Tesla perfect it - it's really surprising how crap VWs effort is.
Agreed. The software and UI is the worst bit.

OVO Charge Anytime is 7p - at Anytime. The normal rate is just whatever tariff you're already on. The Charge Anytime is just a bolt on and works with any Ovo tariff.

Far better than Octopus or the alternatives as you don't have to wait for Overnight cheap rates.

My i3 charges in a couple of hours at home and last month cost around £18 for 1000 miles.

That's interesting but sadly I have little faith or trust in OVO. To put this into perspective I wouldn't use them, even at that tariff. I took them to the Ombudsman (twice). They ended up owning me £1500 and just made any excuse to hold onto the money. Octopus pay within 3 to 5days. OVO took 9 months+

Good luck with that option

That's interesting but sadly I have little faith or trust in OVO. To put this into perspective I wouldn't use them, even at that tariff. I took them to the Ombudsman (twice). They ended up owning me £1500 and just made any excuse to hold onto the money. Octopus pay within 3 to 5days. OVO took 9 months+

Good luck with that option
That sounds like fun. Been fine for me. I guess there's always a horror story for every supplier...

Back