Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The New T7 California can be ordered from today in Germany + configurator.

Spoke with Andy at DTD
Apparently VW are going the route of no discounts.
Every VW Commercial dealer will have to buy the California at the same price in the UK.
And they’ll get £1500 commission for selling them.
So the ticket price will be the ticket price no matter where you buy it from.
At this present time only a max of 4% discount allowed on any Multivan.

He said Mercedes started this 2 years ago and sell 50% less cars.
But Merc profits are up.
So manufacturers are going to use the same business model.

But I’m seeing a California Ocean MV at €86k on the German configurator.
I can’t see VW Germany selling for (XE convert € to £) £72k in the UK.
So the UK will be +&”£:/ in the rear and maybe pay £80k ?
Who knows.

Yep the agency model route. VW recently did this with the ID range / Volvo do it and Landrover looked into it for their more successful model, however the market has turned, so they dropped it.

Your money / your choice.

To keep the stock of ID Buzzes going through, VW appear to do an end of quarter lease blow up for company car drivers.

To keep the stock of ID Buzzes going through, VW appear to do an end of quarter lease blow up for company car drivers.

I’m just doing this on an ID3. Silly cheap deal, should be perfect for local journeys.

No PHEV option yet on the German configurator, just diesel and petrol engines.

I’m just doing this on an ID3. Silly cheap deal, should be perfect for local journeys.
Would like an ID Buzz if I had Solar / Battery on the house. Not sure if it would work out for 3 years on overnight at hotels / service stations.
What is an end of lease blow up deal?

Would like an ID Buzz if I had Solar / Battery on the house. Not sure if it would work out for 3 years on overnight at hotels / service stations.

What is an end of lease blow up deal?
Lol....out not up....

Unable to shift stock so they release a good deal towards the end of the quarter. Normally 8K miles / 24months circa about £350 depending on spec and offer.

Yep the agency model route. VW recently did this with the ID range / Volvo do it and Landrover looked into it for their more successful model, however the market has turned, so they dropped it.

Your money / your choice.

I find the agency model an interesting one and I can't decide which is best. I love to feel I've negotiated a good discount, however I'm also aware that if I achieve a better than average discount this has been cross subsidised by a buyer who has been unable or unaware of the level of discount. So in that respect the agency model seems a lot fairer, but interestingly it seems there are a lot less new Mercedes on the roads these days!?

Spoke with Andy at DTD
Every VW Commercial dealer will have to buy the California at the same price in the UK.

But Merc profits are up.

Who knows.
For an Ocean comparable to mine I configure around €92000 without PHEV/4Motion, which I guesstimate (based on other VW models) will bring it up to €100000 or just below £85000 without considering any UK price differences other than VAT.

For an Ocean comparable to mine I configure around €92000 without PHEV/4Motion, which I guesstimate (based on other VW models) will bring it up to €100000 or just below £85000 without considering any UK price differences other than VAT.
I would say with the extra complexity, rear motors etc the price will be north of 100K Euro.... just.

I would say with the extra complexity, rear motors etc the price will be north of 100K Euro.... just.
Possibly although I was basing my guesstimate on a Touareg with the same system, so hopefully not so far out of the ballpark. As far as I can tell, the PHEV/4Motion is not on the road yet in any VW model and that has me more worried than price. I don't want to be amongst the first testers.

Possibly although I was basing my guesstimate on a Touareg with the same system, so hopefully not so far out of the ballpark. As far as I can tell, the PHEV/4Motion is not on the road yet in any VW model and that has me more worried than price. I don't want to be amongst the first testers.
You're forgetting the Cali premium.

I find the agency model an interesting one and I can't decide which is best. I love to feel I've negotiated a good discount, however I'm also aware that if I achieve a better than average discount this has been cross subsidised by a buyer who has been unable or unaware of the level of discount. So in that respect the agency model seems a lot fairer, but interestingly it seems there are a lot less new Mercedes on the roads these days!?
Its a way of controlling prices so I see it as market fixing and removing competition. If its priced correctly then not an issue as demand will be there.

Saying that I don't have a problem with it. If I don't think the vehicle represents value, to me, I will walk away.

Last edited:
Its a way of controlling prices so I see it as market fixing and removing competition. If its priced correctly then not an issue as demand will be there.

Saying that I don't have a problem with it. If I don't think the vehicle represents value, to me, I will walk away.
It's an interesting one, they're certainly not unique Apple has been doing it for years and not too many people complain about that.

I do know there's still some seriously dodgy practices which go on with the franchise model to hit targets, such as registering cars which don't exist etc...

I'm obviously well behind the times, wasn't Retail Price Maintenance (RPM) made illegal years ago to stop rigging of consumer prices?

Yes....and to promote competition

I'm obviously well behind the times, wasn't Retail Price Maintenance (RPM) made illegal years ago to stop rigging of consumer prices?
I don't think that applies with the agency model where the producer basically only sells directly to the public so they can charge what they want.

It's an interesting one, they're certainly not unique Apple has been doing it for years and not too many people complain about that.

I do know there's still some seriously dodgy practices which go on with the franchise model to hit targets, such as registering cars which don't exist etc...
Some of which is endorsed by the manufacturer....KPI / target quotas / rebates / etc.

I don't have an Apple phone....I have a One Plus!

I think where it is prohibited is where the retailer owns the stock but the manufacturer dictates the price which would clearly be wrong. However in the real world sadly this goes on, for example you cannot get any discount on a luxury watch such as a Rolex as the dealers know they lose their franchise if they're found out.

Spoke with Andy at DTD

But Merc profits are up.

Who knows.
Exactly what I would say if I was a dealer. Focus on shifting current stock etc. They tell you any old rubbish to maximise £.

I think where it is prohibited is where the retailer owns the stock but the manufacturer dictates the price which would clearly be wrong. However in the real world sadly this goes on, for example you cannot get any discount on a luxury watch such as a Rolex as the dealers know they lose their franchise if they're found out.
Yes...but how may have Rolex watches.....actually they were a good way for laundering money which created a demand.

I know of a situation where someone wanted to buy the new one and had been waiting for a few years....had a load of cash and its no longer possible.....how I laughed. Had to take a bank loan.

I have a Garmin

Yes...but how may have Rolex watches.....actually they were a good way for laundering money which created a demand.

I know of a situation where someone wanted to buy the new one and had been waiting for a few years....had a load of cash and its no longer possible.....how I laughed. Had to take a bank loan.

I have a Garmin
That would make sense as the price of used Rolex's has taken the same dive commensurate with that of cars & vans of late!

I too have a Garmin watch which I wear everyday a lot more practical and accurate than any Rolex :D

I haven't worn a watch or any jewellery since I got a shock whilst working in a "live" electrical cabinet in about 1989.

Back