Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The order is in.

H

HarveyMilners

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
We rented an Ocean last month to “try before you buy” and loved the freedom and the wonders of the diesel heater in a chilly April evening . After researching all the options to death and watching endless you tube videos we’ve taken the plunge and placed an order for a new two tone Ocean. No build date yet but we are hopeful it will be with us next Spring, fingers crossed. Beyond excited!

We rented before we bought - twice - once to try it out and decide yes/no, the second because our delivery slipped from 5 months to 11 months! You’re very wise to do that, as it really lets you learn which setup works for you. It‘ll also make lots more sense of some of the discussions on the forum.

Which 2-tone have you gone for ?

We went for the two tone Candy White / Bay Leaf Green but we've already suffered from colour choice angst and reverted to Starlight Blue in the last week. We do love the two tone, but think we didn't want to stand out that much as a daily driver. I keep telling myself there the top wrap option if I regret it. Renting again whilst we wait it very tempting but I may have to save the cash for the growing shopping list of "essential" accessories !

Our colour choice went from Black, to Red, to White (with maybe a future wrap). We then rented a 2-tone bronze/white last year and loved it - until we parked next to a bay leaf green / Candy white Caravelle in Cornwall - and for us that combo was the final choice. You’re right though, there’s little doubt it’s a campervan in that livery.

We went for the two tone Candy White / Bay Leaf Green but we've already suffered from colour choice angst and reverted to Starlight Blue in the last week. We do love the two tone, but think we didn't want to stand out that much as a daily driver. I keep telling myself there the top wrap option if I regret it. Renting again whilst we wait it very tempting but I may have to save the cash for the growing shopping list of "essential" accessories !
Nooooooo
We have the green white combo as a daily driver, it’s just perfect, nothing else like it on the road. I’m sure your deep alluring metallic, unique, slightly exotic, yet faintly mysterious blue is lush. But doesn’t it look just the same as every other car on the road that chose not to brighten up people’s days?

Ps congrats on getting your order on.

I went the other way - initially decided on Starlight Blue without really thinking about it, probably because I've always picked similar colours before. Always secretly loved the two tone options but just never thought they were for me.

Thought about it more and more and was on the verge of going green / white but in the end, I've gone single colour Bay Leaf Green. I couldn't justify the nearly £3K extra plus I want to do some wild camping and the white / green does jump out a bit! The main reason though was the green is a very similar colour to the car we had many happy caravanning holidays in as kids and the camper is being funded by money from my late parents.

I went the other way - initially decided on Starlight Blue without really thinking about it, probably because I've always picked similar colours before. Always secretly loved the two tone options but just never thought they were for me.

Thought about it more and more and was on the verge of going green / white but in the end, I've gone single colour Bay Leaf Green. I couldn't justify the nearly £3K extra plus I want to do some wild camping and the white / green does jump out a bit! The main reason though was the green is a very similar colour to the car we had many happy caravanning holidays in as kids and the camper is being funded by money from my late parents.
Great choice, I’ve also ordered bay leaf green.