Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

This week I've bought '________' for my Cali

Had a trip to Declathon yesterday, so microfibre towels and sleeping bags purchased (after returning the rather large Vango double bag :oops:).

All from IKEA or the NEC show on Friday - Inclusive deals for the Vango stuff
  • Vango KELA III LOW
  • Vango Kela/Idris Footprint Ground Sheet
  • Vango Bedroom - Drive Away Awning
  • KAMPA non stick pans inc kettle and frying pan.
  • Chopping board - IKEA (fits perfectly on top of cutlery divider)

View attachment 19428 Added my variation on something many others have done. I bought a simple chopping board to fit the cutlery drawer and provide an extra work surface/small table as required. Cheap and simple :D
I bought an electric hob so we could manage hot drink making with no space and now you show me this £3 solution. Hob is going back and hunt for the board begins.
Correction: £1 solution; found it at Ikea once i read all the thread.

Is the Bose a radio as well as a Bluetooth speaker?

Hi @Yorkie
We've got the Bose Soundlink Mini too. It does not have a radio function as its a bluetooth speaker only, but you could listen to the radio via a Spotify subscription or I believe, iTunes. Great battery life off charge and ideal, imo, for the Cali.

Apparently you can, someone in here confirmed it. Comes with a plug that should make use of the leisure battery the black 2pin behind seats.

Its quite bassy which you cannot turn down but very clear at low volumes when listening to Radio 4.

..message ends...
Not sure that's correct. The Soundlink mini I have has a 12v charger with a 240v 13 Amp three pin plug on it.

Went to my first NEC show and came away with some nice Brandrup seat pockets, 10m hook-up cable and most importantly some wine glasses!
:cheers

Not sure that's correct. The Soundlink mini I have has a 12v charger with a 240v 13 Amp three pin plug on it.
Any micro USB cable should work. I've charged mine off its cradle, from a phone charger, and with a power bank, varying from 0.5A to 2A without problem. I will be relying on the standard USB ports in the Cali to charge ours this summer.

Any micro USB cable should work. I've charged mine off its cradle, from a phone charger, and with a power bank, varying from 0.5A to 2A without problem. I will be relying on the standard USB ports in the Cali to charge ours this summer.
I just checked my charging connections. There must be different versions about. Mine is three years old now and only charges via a 3.5mm jack at 12 volts. Perhaps the earlier versions are this way. (I would rather it not by the way!)

Ordered a fresh tarp from Decathlon (finally had them in stock online). Will be as a windbreak, awning side wall, storm porch (a la Welsh Gas), whatever - it's going to work jolly hard :)

you can get a plug in converter for the inverter socket to make it a 3 pin socket,

This week I have bought new tyres for my replacement 18" wheels, Eibach 30mm lowering springs, some 'glue' to fix my rear spoiler on with and will soon be ordering a front splitter from Maxton.
Yesterday, I went to Ikea and bought some seat cushions for the tailgate chairs, some led lamps for the wardrobe, boot and drawer, and some heat mats for placing hot 'stuff' on. I wanted to find some drawers that would fit the kitchen cupboards. I looked at Kallax drawers (as previously highlighted on thus forum)
but they did not have a means to stop them sliding in and out all the time.

This week I bought a new friend for my Van/Cali because I had to replace his former friend - gone in a bad accident...He protected us well and brave.
75805a62e1ce3c91a2411fe36f01718e.jpg

As a result no money left for some Van-things.
Wow, that looks like it was a hard impact! I hope that you are OK.

It's just posible that your tow bar may have saved you from even greater damage.

Just ordered an easy-folding (I hope) dog crate. The soft fabric/mesh type. We've been using one of the rigid wire frame kind, but it's faffy to fold up and stow away whenever we want to sleep downstairs (pooch is delighted with that arrangement, obv.).
What sort of easy folding dog have you got?

........... a Buckinghamshire Deck Chair Spaniel?

Last edited:

Do you have the mini link I or II? The changed the charging method on the II. I've not tested it, just repeating what a fellow on here suggested.

..me..

Do you have the mini link I or II? The changed the charging method on the II. I've not tested it, just repeating what a fellow on here suggested.

..me..
Its not clear on the unit but its says "12V---0.833A" on the rubber base pad. I'm guessing its a I and not a II. As I said its about three years old now. Still works well though even if charging in the Cali means a cobbled together lead (another!!).

Wow, that looks like it was a hard impact! I hope that you are OK.

It's just possible that your tow bar may have saved you from even greater damage.
Thank you Borris, I am okay. We guess the lady had about 90 km/h on the clock or even more and we stood still and I had the same thoughts: my tow bar protected us very good.

Had some kind of neck and back pain however it is gone after some treatments (massage).

And this is my new one. I am happy :)
2fac0bc356e08a954a842cf8109ab2c5.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Borris, I am okay. We guess the lady had about 90 km/h on the clock or even more and we stood still and I had the same thoughts: my tow bar protected us very good.

Had some kind of neck and back pain however it is gone after some treatments (massage).

And this is my new one. I am happy :)
2fac0bc356e08a954a842cf8109ab2c5.jpg
Very nice. Is it a Superb?

Back