Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

This week I've bought '________' for my Cali

Just got the notification that my Quest Oven is ready for collection. Looking forward to trying it out on Friday night. Slightly wary given the mixed reviews but seems like a solid option for cooking in the winter months. I've got an oven thermometer to go with it so we can be a bit more certain about temperatures.

Amazon locker collection is making accessory buying way too easy :Nailbiting

Very good! How much work was it and what did you spend on the "gadgets"?

Thought about the steeringwheel change but that is for next year after I finish the house conversion.....

The wheel was from T5 Upgrades on facebook.... top man - super helpful. The footwell lights were from ebay.... £8!

Last thing, I think, were some pans. After a search on here went for the Ingenio pans. My other half is surprised by my enthusiasm for buying kitchen equipment, other than coffee related and suspects an addiction to kitting out the Cali

Mike
I fancy the ingenio but need to wear out my backpacking Ines before justified:(

Bought an Ikea mattress topper 150cm x 200cm x 3.5cm for £75 today. This is for the lower bed of my Beach. I've no idea how good it is yet, but I am delighted with the pack size: 150cm x 22cm diameter. Now I need to get some decent cotton sheets, probably more expensive than the topper!

I agree on all @Yorkie , special about getting hungry;)
We just have a cheap single burner with those small trow away gascans.
Use it outside when wheaters good and for baking meat(smells)
And a electric waterboiler if on hook-up for making tea/coffee hot water to wash up.
Other things i am not taking as it all takes up to much space.
Slow coockers,BBQ,toasters,senseo/espressomachines,tv,dvd,...all not on my list of favorits everything thats uses 220V is 90% of the time useless the way we travel.

One thing we do take to use on 220v hook-up is a small electric heater to eliminate the aux-heater when using campsites.
So this will compensate your electric cooker ;)
Each has there own habbits , specially when it comes to making food.
Out of interest, why eliminate the auxiliary heater?

Out of interest, why eliminate the auxiliary heater?

If you pay for hook-up or hook-up is included (like on many ACSI campsites for members) use a small electric heather , leave the aux-heater of saves diesel (ok ...maybe not that much overnight but still..)
No ticking noise from diesel pump , no diesel smells , less noise from the heater fan (my electric heater is very silent)
It's all personal preferecnce , i only carry two devices working on 220v to use when on hook-up : a small heather and a waterboiler/ketlle...oh yes and the wifes hairdryer but not for use in the Cali that is:D

If you pay for hook-up or hook-up is included (like on many ACSI campsites for members) use a small electric heather , leave the aux-heater of saves diesel (ok ...maybe not that much overnight but still..)
No ticking noise from diesel pump , no diesel smells , less noise from the heater fan (my electric heater is very silent)
It's all personal preferecnce , i only carry two devices working on 220v to use when on hook-up : a small heather and a waterboiler/ketlle...oh yes and the wifes hairdryer but not for use in the Cali that is:D
I like the idea of minimal and can now see the 'advantages' if already on hook-up up. Good points.

Apologies, for the lack of glamour in this post.....

Primarily used as a bucket/storage.... But has a second "in case of emergency" feature :embarrased

View attachment 19332
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/h7b/Port...words=Branq+22+litre+Portable+Camping+Festiva

View attachment 19333
Brilliant idea, just ordered one myself.
I also ordered Thule roofbars with the lower feet to use my roofbox next week.
I also ordered a new sleeping bag for two from Outwell: http://www.outwell.com/en/Products/sleeping-bags/camper/camper-lux-double

Finally! I can crawl out from under my rock and confess that I bought shoe covers too. Nobody else seems to understand....

Well, you are very brave admitting it. Much respect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went to the NEC yesterday and bought a Dometic toilet, carbon monixide detector and some microfibre towels - have got all the other essentials - just need Cali now!

Last edited:
Finally committed to an awning at the NEC today after what seems like an age considering all the options. Taking delivery of an Outdoor Revolution Moveairlite Classic within the next week with an additional zip-out breathable groundsheet, snug rug and extra 2man zip-in annexe.

Went to the show hoping for a 10% discount over the most-commonly published prices, ended up at just over 25%. Really chuffed with Towsure and their willingness to do a great deal on a 2017 product. I know these things get ridiculously discounted at the end of the season but want it for this year and the zip-out sheet (essential for me) is new for 2017 so this kind of discount makes it more palatable come the winter when prices drop.

....and we got a colour-in picnic rug for our daughter from the Woodland Trust stall (half the price they are online) so a successful trip all round. :)

Bought a Bose Soundlink mini II, handy for radio programmes and some quiet mood music.

Bought some (supposedly) re-locatable plastic stick on hooks, some non slip lining rubber for the shelves and a rucksack that collapses into a small bag. All at the NEC.

Bought some (supposedly) re-locatable plastic stick on hooks, some non slip lining rubber for the shelves and a rucksack that collapses into a small bag. All at the NEC.

Oh yes, forgot the hooks, we bought some of those too! As there are so many, plan on using some at home.

That looks handy, can you charge it in the van, i.e., is the charger less than 150watts, I can't seem to find the power needed on the net, or from Bose

Apparently you can, someone in here confirmed it. Comes with a plug that should make use of the leisure battery the black 2pin behind seats.

Its quite bassy which you cannot turn down but very clear at low volumes when listening to Radio 4.

..message ends...

Back