Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

This week I've bought '________' for my Cali

Very nice. Is it a Superb?
Thank you Borris. No, it is a standard Skoda Octavia (Prag Edition, Mod 2016) 2.0 TDI 4x4 (I'm surprised by the engine). I really like the Superb however money wise this was never an option :)

Thank you Borris. No, it is a standard Skoda Octavia (Prag Edition, Mod 2016) 2.0 TDI 4x4 (I'm surprised by the engine). I really like the Superb however money wise this was never an option :)
Have Skodas got a huge magnet in the boot? Mrs B's Superb was also rammed up the ar$# last night. I was asleep in the drivers seat at the time whilst waiting for her to finish caterwauling with the Canterbury Choral Society. :Nailbiting I hope she doesn't read this.

It was stationary and parked in a road side parking bay when this rude awakening occurred. The old buffer that was "reversing" the other car had just come out of the pub! The damage in this case was only minor but the hassle that a small bump causes is out of all proportion to the damage caused. So far it's cost me half a day and I've almost lost the will to live.

I hope that you are enjoying your lovely replacement Octavia.

... but you are okay? Hope so! I agree with you, the time such things take is not the way I'd like to spend my time :/
Yes, apart from the massive PITA that this has caused me, I am fine. Unlike your dreadful accident this was only a very minor bump. Thanks for asking.

Have Skodas got a huge magnet in the boot? Mrs B's Superb was also rammed up the ar$# last night. I was asleep in the drivers seat at the time whilst waiting for her to finish caterwauling with the Canterbury Choral Society. :Nailbiting I hope she doesn't read this.

It was stationary and parked in a road side parking bay when this rude awakening occurred. The old buffer that was "reversing" the other car had just come out of the pub! The damage in this case was only minor but the hassle that a small bump causes is out of all proportion to the damage caused. So far it's cost me half a day and I've almost lost the will to live.

I hope that you are enjoying your lovely replacement Octavia.
:Iamsorry ......:headbang

Yes, apart from the massive PITA that this has caused me, I am fine. Unlike your dreadful accident this was only a very minor bump. Thanks for asking.

Bad luck Borris. (Glad it wasn't your Cali though.)

Is the Bose a radio as well as a Bluetooth speaker?
I use the BBC iPlayer radio app- it lets you listen to live radio, or you can download programmes for when you have no network.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My early Cali is now 10 years old and i decided to give it a little TLC by ordering 2 new tambour sliding doors for the wardrobe (both had been repaired by previous owner), a new sliding access hatch to the roof bed (the plastic was a little cracked on the original) and a replacement "California" logo footwell light cover - the original had been glued on by PO.
IMG_5651.JPG

This week I have bought new tyres for my replacement 18" wheels, Eibach 30mm lowering springs, some 'glue' to fix my rear spoiler on with and will soon be ordering a front splitter from Maxton.
Yesterday, I went to Ikea and bought some seat cushions for the tailgate chairs, some led lamps for the wardrobe, boot and drawer, and some heat mats for placing hot 'stuff' on. I wanted to find some drawers that would fit the kitchen cupboards. I looked at Kallax drawers (as previously highlighted on thus forum)
but they did not have a means to stop them sliding in and out all the time.

Which IKEA seat cushions did you get @Bobbybus ? Are they a good fit and can you leave them in the chairs when stowed in the boot?

Which IKEA seat cushions did you get @Bobbybus ? Are they a good fit and can you leave them in the chairs when stowed in the boot?
Gillian, they are called Justina, are a little narrow at the back of the cushion but fit the seat well- comfort is not affected- and do store with the seats. The velcro provided to attach the cushion to the seat isn't quite long enough so I will use them loose. Really good value at £3.50 each!

Gillian, they are called Justina, are a little narrow at the back of the cushion but fit the seat well- comfort is not affected- and do store with the seats. The velcro provided to attach the cushion to the seat isn't quite long enough so I will use them loose. Really good value at £3.50 each!

Thank you...
I went into The Range today to look and see if they have their camping stuff in yet (not quite but shelves were being prepared) and they had some cushions too. I might take a chair with me and see what fits. Otherwise it's off to IKEA. £3.50 is a bargain.....

Brandrup rear boot carpet and one of these for the passenger area (help stop the guides getting full of dirt/sand etc)
vouwbaar-velours-mat-antraciet-woongedeelte.jpg
Hi, can you tell me where you got the mat from? I've been looking for something like this.

Thanks
David

Ha! Loz was up and about before me!

Just be aware I think the carpet is only available for the Ocean.

Also been looking for a washable non slip rug and stumbled across this one in John Lewis.
b0cfde9917e102f532fe3e58269636e0.jpg

https://www.johnlewis.com/turtle-mat-multi-grip-runner/p511533?colour=Seal#media-overlay_show

100 x 75cm covers the rails and was £57 in store. Expensive but impressed by quality.

Mike

These mats from Dunelm look similar and only £19 for a large which is an ideal size for the Cali. I've just got one, rolls/folds neatly when the seat/bed is forward.

http://www.dunelm.com/product/marvel-linen-mat-1000072389

Couldn't get to IKEA but found these in TKMax.
Only in yellow but £9.99 for two and fit well. Also slot into the chairs when stored.
42 cm X 42 cm

image.jpeg

Last edited:
A 1.5l slow cooker from Morrisons. 120 Watts so can use while travelling:)
With separate ceramic bowl and two heat settings. Bargain at £12! :thumb:thumb

Mostly cooking items, a rather good zester grater £6 Amazon, very effective as the plasters will testify ;-)

Also paella pan, only 12quid but similar size to the cadac offering. Used a few times now and excellent results.

a270261b8878ac8e75bbcbb038ac3938.jpg

9a47d51b031c878f59a9d0c68d19f373.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought and installed a Kicker hideaway subwoofer under the front seat. This really makes listening to music more pleasant than the quite shallow sound in the original sound system. Also makes the movie sound better when hooking up your laptop.
Waiting for the solar panel from Roger D. Planning to install it on the roof box before we head south to Spain.

Back