Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

This week I've bought '________' for my Cali

I only have a 25m. I was thinking about a 10m but based on the last two years I'm not sure I would bother.

Needed a 25m on a few sites . Eskdale, Salisbury, Bude and Northumberland to name a few.
I must be lucky, but that's why I got the 10 and 15, plug together to make 25. I dislike having extra cable lying on the ground if not needed.

Arghhhh I see. I thought you had either or!

If I was buying again I would buy that combination!

Could I just ask, why a 10m AND a 25m hookup cable.
Number of reasons.
1. Choice of 10m, 25m and 35m cable;
2. 25m only £6 more than a 15m cable;
3. Have a summerhouse with no electricity at the end of our 110 foot garden;
4. End of August camping in the lane behind my cousin's home for mother's and uncle's 80th birthday weekend.

We have a 10m and a 25m. So far have used both singly and often both together. We haven't been beaten yet!

:):)
Ahh, I was a little hasty in my question! Just read the other threads. Looks good. So, what have I bought this week? I've just bought new internal silver screens as my old T5 ones don't fit the T6. Grrr... Ooh...and a new collapsible red kettle to replace the one I've had for 9 years! Daftest thing I've bought were Dory tissues from Finding Nemo because that's what our van is called! Acapulco blue, Ocean, OK...I'll get my coat now...
Ahhh sweet.

I guess you're selling the t5 silver screens then

Ha! Unfortunately not. I think I'm going to insulate the back of the cupboards below the sink/hob with them. We are finding that the cold radiates through these cupboards on the T6 much more than on the T5. You can actually feel the cold coming through the gaps on the sliding doors when you sit next to them! Anyone else find this?

Ha! Unfortunately not. I think I'm going to insulate the back of the cupboards below the sink/hob with them. We are finding that the cold radiates through these cupboards on the T6 much more than on the T5. You can actually feel the cold coming through the gaps on the sliding doors when you sit next to them! Anyone else find this?
I was shocked to discover they didn't insulate the walls. Someone tapped my external walls and pointed this out. He had just finished filling his with a wool or somethings similar

I've just gone through the mats and carpets buying experience, cabin, driver's footwell, passenger footwell, steps, door pockets.

Next steps: 1. Take them all out (maybe keep the VW rubber mats). 2. Stick in bin. 3. Use wet cloth, soap and vacuum cleaner as condition requires. 4. Advise new owners not to stuff their vans with clutter.

My opinion; it's all just poor fitting, tacky (but not particularly tacky double-sided tape), unnecessary clutter.

It might be my fault being a cheapskate and not buying Brandrup especially considering how much the vans cost, but nearly £200 for a bit of synthetic carpet is a bit more than I'm prepared to pay out.

My reasoning goes beyond cost. I think I will try and keep my van minimalist. Avoid clutter that needs to be bought, packed, stowed away and then put somewhere at home. Yes, the van might get dirty, but it's an activity vehicle and with a bit of elbow grease I'm sure it can cleaned up reasonably well. If the seats get so bad they need recovering in the future, so be it, I'll do it when condition requires, perhaps at time of sale when the investment could be worth it.

Brandrup carpet is expensive but oozes quality, ours are over three years old and still look like brand new, apparently it is made of genuine Volkswagen carpet? We also went through a phase of buying cheaper alternatives for our Cali when we first got it and then then ended up replacing most stuff with more expensive gear. As they say, buy cheap buy twice!

Just had a week in Chatel, France with the van and although we were warm enough, I could definitely feel the cold through the cabinets and would certainly look at insulating the walls back there if I'm out in winter again.

Brandrup carpet is expensive but oozes quality, ours are over three years old and still look like brand new, apparently it is made of genuine Volkswagen carpet? We also went through a phase of buying cheaper alternatives for our Cali when we first got it and then then ended up replacing most stuff with more expensive gear. As they say, buy cheap buy twice!

Do you have Brandrup in the cabin? If yes, does the bed glide smoothly over it, or do you have to take it up when lowering the bed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you have Brandrup in the cabin? If yes, does the bed glide smoothly over it, or do you have to take it up when lowering the bed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, goes back and forth fine, the carpet we purchased initially off ebay was very think and would not lie flat even after a month or so and kept snagging under the bench seat, with the Brandrup carpet it is is quite heavy so lays nice and flat.

I have the Brandrup matt, but it is protected by another cheap mat that I cut to fit when using it as a children transporter.

View attachment 19057 I bought an electric hob. We have the Cali cooker, a single gas cooker and a double gas cooker a suitcase BBQ and now electric. I do like food; yum yum.

Why on earth do you need that much coockers , or are you the chef making meals for a footballteam?

I bought an electric hob. We have the Cali cooker, a single gas cooker and a double gas cooker a suitcase BBQ and now electric.

I'd be very worried about a cooker shortage. Have you considered a Cadac and some form of multi-fuel cooker? Perhaps a special wok hob and maybe a portable induction hob for those 30a hook-up moments!

Either way, great work. More cookers = more food = happy tummy. :D

Why on earth do you need that much coockers , or are you the chef making meals for a footballteam?
I can answer this.
1. When winter camping on electric. Did a bit of fighting with space, boil kettle, get wife to hold kettle whilst lid is lowered, make beverage, find heatproof mat for kettle.
I thought, electric hob on top of glass, boil kettle make drink, end.
Plus, can use outside in spring/ summer when on mains as I am cook and I like slow cooked meals, simmering away for hours on end whilst relaxing.

2 I have a BBQ too as I just love the real thing, but could be convinced to switch to a Cadac.

3. I own all the other stuff from tent days.

Getting hungry now.

I agree on all @Yorkie , special about getting hungry;)
We just have a cheap single burner with those small trow away gascans.
Use it outside when wheaters good and for baking meat(smells)
And a electric waterboiler if on hook-up for making tea/coffee hot water to wash up.
Other things i am not taking as it all takes up to much space.
Slow coockers,BBQ,toasters,senseo/espressomachines,tv,dvd,...all not on my list of favorits everything thats uses 220V is 90% of the time useless the way we travel.

One thing we do take to use on 220v hook-up is a small electric heater to eliminate the aux-heater when using campsites.
So this will compensate your electric cooker ;)
Each has there own habbits , specially when it comes to making food.

Brandrup Coat Hooks Set for all VW T6 / T5 California
Brandrup Towel Rail Set for all VW T6 / T5 California
Fiamma Awning Hanging Hooks - Pack of Six
Gas Bottle Level Indicator
VW California Step Mats - Black - 3 Piece Set
USB Converter For Inverter Socket

Brandrup Coat Hooks Set for all VW T6 / T5 California
Brandrup Towel Rail Set for all VW T6 / T5 California
Fiamma Awning Hanging Hooks - Pack of Six
Gas Bottle Level Indicator
VW California Step Mats - Black - 3 Piece Set
USB Converter For Inverter Socket

I never understood the 240 to USB as there are so many 12v usb around?

Today i bought:

Pop top bungee
Tailgate open lock gadget
Collapsible kettle

Just need time to go in it now!

Today I brought:

Brandrup second skin covers for all 4 seats, in anticipation of our Ocean being delivered in the next few weeks (pre-tax hike please :Nailbiting). Got them for VWcampershop.nl. With the Euro being more competitive against the £ now, it will save me around £100 from purchasing them here in the UK.

Vango Ambience double sleeping bag - was going to go for duvets but husband keen on a bag. Can't stand the cocoon style, but this is a double envelope style with a zip off layer to make it 3-2 season, so hoping it'll be worthwhile buy.

Last thing, I think, were some pans. After a search on here went for the Ingenio pans. My other half is surprised by my enthusiasm for buying kitchen equipment, other than coffee related and suspects an addiction to kitting out the Cali

Mike

Back