Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Three weeks south- and mid- Norway

One week passed now , today heading of for a 200km trip searching a camping tonight , need a shower!
Every day has been great but the driving takes up lots of time and energy but it is more than worth it....image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpg

Looks fabulous :) . What methods are you using to find camping stops? Are you using official stops or just pretty and handy places?

image-jpg.8625
Great photo :thumb

Reactions: Sab
Just arrived on a camping in Bismo after another 220km driving "wow " and "oh look there " scenery
Site is not as crouwded as the one in Preikestolen last friday , most campings are not fully opend yet waiting the season to start .
Thisone we found is 150 norwegian krones for the Cali , two people and dog .
Shower is 10 kronen for 5 min . But free wifi so don't hear me complaining!
image.jpg

Just poured in a bit wine , later some more pics!

Last edited:
Looks fabulous :) . What methods are you using to find camping stops? Are you using official stops or just pretty and handy places?

For the free camperspots i just search up front on the web and print them of at home , also got the ACSI camperguide witch gives lots of info ....
Campingguide from NAFcamp. NO witch i found here on a ferry is also usefull

As in the topic "cali cooking" , now cooking on a Norwegian campsite , using the equipt kitchen on site....
No gas used in the Cali and no smells...!
image.jpg
Rice-chicken-uncle benz sauce!
Mmmm
The campsite in Denmark had the same facilyties , nice and handy and you get to meet the other people....
Checked the weather , themp. can go below zero celcius this night....will be using the heater;)
Campsite is at aprox. 400m height , when we were at 1400plus m. this afthernoon is was 3,5 degrees celcius at 2 pm!
Saw some langlaufing and snowscooters , one snowboarder...

Last edited:
Keep the pictures coming.
Most campsites in Scandinavia seem to have such communal cooking and even dining facilities available.
Lots more snow than in Northern Norway.

Funny as it nearly don't gets dark at night .
Now 23.30 and looks like it could well be 20.00
Woke up last night arround 3am , it was like 6am....
This was taken at 22.15
We where out of the sun due the mountains but she was still shining!
image.jpg

Edit ....
Midnight at Norway,
The same scene at 00.00
Goodnight!
image.jpg

Last edited:
We past some wooden churches some very old.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thisone is amazing....located at Lom , Norway
They are national heritage
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Wow, amazing scenery. I can't believe the height of the snow, but the road is clear. The wooden churches look really interesting.

Stop it. Can't stand any more! I'm on my way :D

Those walls of ice, reminds me of Game of Thrones!

image.jpg Few days on the road again , left campsite at Bismo thursdaymorning to drive about 150km to the snow coverd hiltops near Andalnes to spend the night at magic spot....
Very windy and pretty cold that night but o my god, so nice!

Wednesday , about 370km , long day nearly gave up the search for the spot i hoped for but did find it afther a last climb on gravelroad arrived at a small fishlake in Fannrem
image.jpg

I'm really curious where all these hidden spots are where you camped. In 2 weeks time we'll be leaving Belgium as well to do the same trip. Any suggestions?

Thursday did 270km over desolated track and spotted reindeer for our first time
Arrived at Os near the train station , spend the night
image.jpg

Today friday 270km to Vagamo , took a nice campsite , was told with WIFI but it does not work at all....!
Took me 30 min to post these last messages...
But the weather is turned sunny at last and we got yet again a magnific quiet spot!
image.jpg
More to follow later if WIFI gets better

I'm really curious where all these hidden spots are where you camped. In 2 weeks time we'll be leaving Belgium as well to do the same trip. Any suggestions?

I'l be back home by the 23th , if you want the full trip in detail i will post more when back at home
Much to difficult on a iphone and wifi at site to make nice postings...

Thanks for the posts HC :thumb

Understood about the wifi, did you think about getting one of those iBoost gadgets?

Nice ain't it....spending the night up here...:thumb
Arround 1400m above sealevel

image.jpg

Must be fair and say we closed the roof and slept below after dinner...... the wind was strong the canvas made to much noise flappering in the wind...
image.jpg

Last edited:
View from the Geiranger - Trollstigen route
Check out this
http://www.nasjonaleturistveger.no/en
And get a preview of what we saw....

Is Unesco World Heritige , very busy roads , busses filled with tourists from the boats

image.jpg

Spectacular winding roads!

image.jpg

Magnificent view even on a rainy day...

image.jpg

Last edited:
So here we just spotted reindeers crossing the road when we passed.....need to watch out they are never allone , they come out in groups

image.jpg

Last edited:
Bridge....
image.jpg

Diffrent bridge , same Cali...
image.jpg

Anotherone yet to take...
image.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes we do leave our Cali ... and take a walk;)

image.jpg

Back