Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Three weeks south- and mid- Norway

Been visiting many countries in the past but Norway does end up high in ranking " most beautiful places been to " mabye even nr. one so far i have been.
Will defenatly go back and up to Nordkapp then!
Amazing nature , friendly people , nice maintianed roads , never had an unsafe feeling whatever ,....
Even now in june it don't gets fully dark at night , a strange thing i never experienced before
Once back in Denmark it got dark at night for a few hours at least.
But ....not one of the cheapest vacations we done....
And the driving takes up much time and energy , actually it was more a kind of roadtrip , but i knew that in advance .
You can have a perfect vacation staying in just two or three locations , there's much to see in most touristic places to keep you busy.
The Cali did a perfect job , of witch i had no doubts before take off but one never knows if a tecnical failure should show up.
Just did one enormous stupid thing .....
yes i got to managed the roof canvas get stuck between the mechanismscissers!
Damn me ...did not opend a door due the heavy wind and rain at that momtent did not think about the roof popping out....
Lucky no big damage still a shame , my own fault

If anyone have questions please let me know , if not here then thru a PM

Last edited:
No that first one was from a viewing tower halfway along that massive dyke. You could hardly see land each way. I wouldn't mind a drone though. You could take some amazing shots with one of those babies

Short movie driving thru snowy landscape

I have also been camping in norway many times but before I had a Cali and it's indeed beautiful. There's just so much to see.
The north is also worth one or two holidays. It's even greater in my opinion.
One way to avoid the km's getting there is taking the ferry Travemunde->Helsinki, then the night train to finnish lapland and start from there.
Some ideas for the route here (sorry in Dutch)
http://www.noordeuropa.nl/reizen/finland/noorwegen/noordkaap-lofoten-en-lapland-eigen-auto/

When we were passing the beautiful 'capital of the north' Tromso, we took a plane to Svalbard/Spitsbergen (it was quite affordable,being an "inland" flight) and camped there for 4 days with a tent while making great excursions. Just an idea.

So , off to Norway in the Cali !
We leave home this weekend heading tru Germany planning a overnight stop here,
little below Hamburg :
http://www.campercontact.com/nl/dui...sittensen/11600/camperplaats-wassermuhle.aspx
Around 400 km from home hoping to arrive there sunday evening .

Monday morning starting off direction Hirtshals - Denmark aprox. another 600km drive.
Hirtshals has camperspots as well as campings nearby and we will dicide last minute what we will be heading to.

We booked the ferry from Hirtshals to Kristiansand thuseday at 12.15pm arriving in Kristiansand arround 15.30pm .
Short drive planned to a camperspot , try and find thisone :
http://www.campercontact.com/nl/noorwegen/vest-agder/lindesnes/18958/camperplaats-lindesnes-fyr.aspx
hopefully with a place free to park our Cali and spend the first night in Norway!

I will try and keep you guys updated on the route and trips like WelshGas did on his trip to the Nordkapp . We wil not go all the way up north , at least thats not the plan but one never knows if the weather turns out bad we probally be doing much more km/ miles as planed and do less walks and stopovers , we might end up at Nordkapp.....?

Flashback 5y ago we did this fantastic trip !
Reading this brings back great memories...
Need to go back up North !

Back