Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Three zone climatronic Air cond

Gasgas

Gasgas

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Can somebody explain this option to me and in their opinion do I need it and what are the benefits? Please

all I can say, is I think this is the option I most regret not having.

It gives you some clever stuff like residual heat from the engine recirculation, as well as hands off managed heat and ventilation in the cab and rear of your van.

Also I believe it gives your rear passengers control of their own heat and ventilation.

Exactly. Buy it... :cool:

The "rest" function that uses the engines warmth after you have parked makes is worthwhile for me!

redredzimmer said:
all I can say, is I think this is the option I most regret not having.

It gives you some clever stuff like residual heat from the engine recirculation, as well as hands off managed heat and ventilation in the cab and rear of your van.

Also I believe it gives your rear passengers control of their own heat and ventilation.

Ditto that - as James says - it's a three zone climate control system. Rear passengers get their own temp control.

Residual Heat is a great option.

James

I have this .... Can someone explain the residual heat thing? What does it do! Tar...... Steve

If you park up in the winter - say at the shops - you can press the REST button on the climatronic controls and it'll keep the fan blowing warm air for 30 mins by drawing heat from the engine block. The idea is that when you come back the van is still nice and warm inside.

Ooh I didn't even know this...I'll give it a try tomorrow!
Love this forum!

Custardtart said:
If you park up in the winter - say at the shops - you can press the REST button on the climatronic controls and it'll keep the fan blowing warm air for 30 mins by drawing heat from the engine block. The idea is that when you come back the van is still nice and warm inside.

Fab info, yet again, maybe there should be a 'Forum's Alternative Brochure' which details real owners descriptions about the various options in VW's brochure.

Looby said:
Custardtart said:

Fab info, yet again, maybe there should be a 'Forum's Alternative Brochure' which details real owners descriptions about the various options in VW's brochure.

I had proposed that and the mods were happy to do it - it's just time - but I agree that's a good idea.

James

We rarely use the 3 zones - we just set all zones at 22 using the sync function.

However the Rest function is ace, we put it on when we are setting up at a campsite and it keeps you toasty warm while you are in and out setting up. Also when kids are swimming I use the van as an office and rest keeps me warm in the winter without needing to use the heater.

The kids thought the rear controls were exciting for about a week, but that novelty has worn off

T

Joss Apps said:
Learning something new everyday, thanks guys...

You clearly haven't been stuck in enough traffic jams. When I am bored I start pressing random buttons, if nothing happens I whip out the manual :D

teeboy said:
Joss Apps said:
Learning something new everyday, thanks guys...

You clearly haven't been stuck in enough traffic jams. When I am bored I start pressing random buttons, if nothing happens I whip out the manual :D

Careful I'm told there is an ejector button somewhere !!

Hi I’m new to the forum, I have a 2010 caravelle exec with the tri zone climate. Didn’t get a manual with it so am trying to work out what the buttons do. Iv read here about the rest function which I’ll give A try but wondered what rear does, the picture of the seats, and auto has two lights which I was wandering what that does.

Rear - Press this if you want to change the temperature in the back (independantly from the front).
Seat pictures - Manually control the vents in use. Each picture has an arrow on it showing where you want the heat (or Ac) to be directed.
Auto - Automatic mode. The system decides where to direct the heat or cold, control the fan speed etc. Not sure about the 2 lights, possibly selecting either the right or left zone.

I also have a Sync which when selected means all 3 zones get adjusted at the same time. And the Rest button you already know about.

Hi thanks for that, clears up those for me. Think the sync on mine is the pic of multiple seats

Struggling to find a clear answer on this (and yet to take delivery of our Ocean) - but can anyone tell me if this is standard on new Oceans? Particularly keen for that 'rest' function for wintery camping!

The Climatronic is our less favourite part of the Cali. Read the (poor) manual many times, but it is still leading it's own life. Just want three knobs like my old car: warm/cold, blower and direction.....

Struggling to find a clear answer on this (and yet to take delivery of our Ocean) - but can anyone tell me if this is standard on new Oceans? Particularly keen for that 'rest' function for wintery camping!
From the brochure on Ocean standard equipment: "Climatronic three-zone automatic air conditioning with second evaporator or auxiliary heater, air conditioned headliner and additional passenger control."

The picture on the same page looks like it still includes the Rest function:

climatronic.PNG

From the brochure on Ocean standard equipment: "Climatronic three-zone automatic air conditioning with second evaporator or auxiliary heater, air conditioned headliner and additional passenger control."

The picture on the same page looks like it still includes the Rest function:

View attachment 27221

Brill. Thanks for that. When we get the Ocean, I'm hoping the brochure will be what you're referencing. But I'll be going VIP after delivery too - so will be able to download all the other stuff :)

The “Rest” function only lasts for 30 mins and only uses the hot water left in the Heater matrix as the heat source so not that effective. If you need heat then easier to just fire up the Diesel Parking Heater. You can also use the Parking Heater when driving, not just when stationary.