Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tight roof clip

Emma Hughes

Emma Hughes

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Does anyone else have a ridiculously stiff/tight roof clip making getting the roof out/back down a massive pain? Not the extra security clips, one of the main ones. It is soooo tight and doesn't seemed to have loosened with use. I struggle to do it myself and have to get my husband to wrestle with it.

Anyone had this problem and got a solution?

Thanks!

Don't have a beach but are they not adjustable ...?

Does anyone else have a ridiculously stiff/tight roof clip making getting the roof out/back down a massive pain? Not the extra security clips, one of the main ones. It is soooo tight and doesn't seemed to have loosened with use. I struggle to do it myself and have to get my husband to wrestle with it.

Thanks!
Mine used to be very tight to undo but it has eased up with time and is no longer an issue.

Thanks!
We share the problem, a little wiggle of the pull down bar can help to properly seat the roof.

Yes make sure the roof is well pulled down and seated first!

agreed mine comes down so far but not all the way enough to tuck the canvas behind the catch then a final pull all the way shut no problem with the catches

Thanks all. The roof is definitely down enough. It is always the same clip... just can't get the clip into its holder.... can snap it shut ok once it is in. We've had our van avout a year now with fairly regular use.

Is it the drivers side, if so and you have an awning fitted its probably due to the awning bracket that's riveted to the roof. You'll need a Torqx bit to adjust the clip. What I did was lower the roof as normal then hook the clip over but don't pull it closed, slacken the two torqx bolts slightly then slightly pull down on the clip but do not fully snap shut. Now retighten the torqx bolts and it should close easily. Some minor adjustments can be made as required . Hope this helps .

Is it the drivers side, if so and you have an awning fitted its probably due to the awning bracket that's riveted to the roof. You'll need a Torqx bit to adjust the clip. What I did was lower the roof as normal then hook the clip over but don't pull it closed, slacken the two torqx bolts slightly then slightly pull down on the clip but do not fully snap shut. Now retighten the torqx bolts and it should close easily. Some minor adjustments can be made as required . Hope this helps .

YES! It is the drivers side and we do have a roll out awning fitted that side. Will try what you've suggested! Thanks.

Mine was very tight but has loosened over the years, and now it is not so tight the roof has started squeaking. :( Some days it does some days it doesn't

Take it to the dealer and get them to fix it. I seem to remember that @flying banana mentioned that these clips are adjustable. Sorry, I cannot remember what thread it was or how to do it. You could try a PM.

Take it to the dealer and get them to fix it. I seem to remember that @flying banana mentioned that these clips are adjustable. Sorry, I cannot remember what thread it was or how to do it. You could try a PM.
yes they are. just undo the 2 screws holding it on to the body,i think they are torx head. the clip is on elongated screw holes to give some slight adjustment to either pull the roof tighter or make it easier. it really needs to be tight to maintain a good seal

Back