20 Build week, going into build pool
30 Built
38 In Port of exit
39 On ship
40 Arrived in UK
60 On transport to Dealer
70 Arrived a Dealer

Mine is at stage 38.

What is the typical time taken between 38 and taking delivery? Or any of the other stages and delivery?

Depends on when the next boat sails, where yours is in the compound and how long your dealer takes to get from the other side and PDI it.

Anything from 2 - 6 weeks but dealers have a KPI at this side to get it in the customers hands within 10 days. Our dealer did it in 3. From 38 to on our drive was exactly 1 month.

Last edited:
More info here…

I understand these to be the stages that track from build to delivery -

10 Not built
20 Build week, going into build pool
30 Built
38 In Port of exit
39 On ship
40 Arrived in UK
60 On transport to Dealer
70 Arrived a Dealer

Mine is at stage 38.

What is the typical time taken between 38 and taking delivery? Or any of the other stages and delivery?
How do you find out what code yours is at, my dealer tells me diddly squat?
I send them a polite email for updates and get no response so I send another a week later and finally get an update, it’s hard work.

It would be ideal if customers could check for the status code on the VW system, however, it appears the only way is via your dealer contact. You can track a parcel at various stages of delivery. You”d think vehicle manufacturers could offer similar as they all profess to want to provide the best customer experience.

It would be ideal if customers could check for the status code on the VW system, however, it appears the only way is via your dealer contact. You can track a parcel at various stages of delivery. You”d think vehicle manufacturers could offer similar as they all profess to want to provide the best customer experience.
They used to, when I bought my Golf R I was able to track the whole process from pre-build to delivery on a VW webpage or app

They used to, when I bought my Golf R I was able to track the whole process from pre-build to delivery on a VW webpage or app
I understand that you still can with VW cars, and if you live in mainland Europe you can also track commercial vehicles (e.g. Californias), but not vans in the uk.

Back