Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best method to cook Toast?

Hi there can you make just plain and simple toast (no fillings) and if yes do you put more than one slice in at a time. many thanks :)
Yes plain toast. Two slices of small loaf at a time - do the two sides then turn the slices to do the other two sides. I find its best to let the toast breath a while after toasting just to crisp a bit.

Yes plain toast. Two slices of small loaf at a time - do the two sides then turn the slices to do the other two sides. I find its best to let the toast breath a while after toasting just to crisp a bit.
many thanks sounds good :)

We used the Cadac bbq grill (clean obv) - 4 perfect slices in less than 2 mins when up to temp.

I use a £12 240v electric toaster from Sainsburys. A simple 2 slice job so the current draw isn't too high to trip the site electrics.
It didn't work too well when we didn't have hook up though.:rolleyes:

used to use the Primus one which is much better than the triangle thing, but getting best results using a dry griddle pan which works really well. We also use it for flat breads and griddling veg etc.
tip......If it's a large pan on the right hand burner then remove the washing up bowl as the heat is deflected onto it and it will start to melt....

I think the best part about owning a camper van of any type is experimenting with all the different ways of making your meals..Can’t see much point if you are just going to eat in the campsite restaurant but then it takes all sorts to make a world....With toast we have a metal flat plate with a wire handle solid on the bottom and holes on the top..Makes the best toast ever..and cost a couple of quid..We also have a small oven cost £15 from Aldi and that will do almost anything but can’t quite get a 16lb Turkey in it...lol....

Back