Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Top half body wrap

Loves great. I passed a blue/silver one on the way home tonight I wondered if yours was done yet.

Certainly looks good, but it’s not candy white on my iPad! ;)

Lol that’s exactly what I thought

Yes I was originally going to go with Candy White until I realised that VW actually do an Acapulco Blue and Reflex Silver so I changed my mind. I wanted to keep it close to the VW palette offerings. I'm really pleased with it. The guys at Monster Wraps have done an amazing job. I'm really empressed, it's turned out better than I hoped. I whole heartedly recommend them.

Yes I was originally going to go with Candy White until I realised that VW actually do an Acapulco Blue and Reflex Silver so I changed my mind. I wanted to keep it close to the VW palette offerings. I'm really pleased with it. The guys at Monster Wraps have done an amazing job. I'm really empressed, it's turned out better than I hoped. I whole heartedly recommend them.
Is empressed even better than impressed lol ..
Joking around it looks fantastic

I'm thinking now, should I go for the Chrome Pack look or leave it as is?

I’m going for the chrome pack but on a full white van ....
I think it really would suit the style you have gone for it’s a really nice 2tone look that one ,they definitely compliment each other

I'm thinking now, should I go for the Chrome Pack look or leave it as is?
At least get the B pillar blacked out, you can get the decal from the club shop I think :thumb

Looks good, how does it look after a year? How close to the real reflex silver colour was it? Did you get the Ocean sticker and VW rear badges put back on? Many Thanks

Looks good, how does it look after a year? How close to the real reflex silver colour was it? Did you get the Ocean sticker and VW rear badges put back on? Many Thanks
Pretty damn close. Think you would only realise if you had them parked side by side. I did replace the California badge on the tailgate buy the Ocean transfers are £65 each so couldn't be bothered. You can still see the original Ocean transfers under the wrap, leaves an embossed look! Looks the same as did a year ago...great!

It looks really lovely. :thumb

I'm interested in the fine detail. Can you see it's been wrapped?

"The devil is always in the detail".
Only if you know what to look for. They can't get completely into the recesses of the side windows, but you have to be millimetres away and really look at different angles to even notice. Would I get it done again? Yes...and I will be soon...just as soon as my new T6.1s arrive.

Only if you know what to look for. They can't get completely into the recesses of the side windows, but you have to be millimetres away and really look at different angles to even notice. Would I get it done again? Yes...and I will be soon...just as soon as my new T6.1s arrive.
Has your new T6.1 arrived?

Just about to have the top half of my Cali wrapped. Do you know if they removed the roof channels, or cut around them? And did they take off and then refit the roof seal? Thanks!

Just about to have the top half of my Cali wrapped. Do you know if they removed the roof channels, or cut around them? And did they take off and then refit the roof seal? Thanks!
Answering my own question, in case it's useful to anybody. I took the bike rack and awning off. They cut around the roof channels. They took off the roof seal, and re-fitted it over the wrap.

Here are some photos of my half-wrap to give a two-tone effect.

Worth a reminder that you need to inform DVLA about the change in colour (fill in the appropriate part of the V5C and post).

Also, a word of warning. I'd been insured by Highway for years, via the broker Motor Direct (who I think I probably found on this forum). Zero claims. Anyway, when I told them about the wrap, they cancelled my policy with 7 days notice!

ac1711ae-2e5c-433e-ba52-2ef205e4a7f5 (1).jpeg

3be91fe8-fef8-47a7-a88e-3caa69b1ba85 (1).jpeg

Worth a reminder that you need to inform DVLA about the change in colour (fill in the appropriate part of the V5C and post).

Also, a word of warning. I'd been insured by Highway for years, via the broker Motor Direct (who I think I probably found on this forum). Zero claims. Anyway, when I told them about the wrap, they cancelled my policy with 7 days notice!

View attachment 115079

View attachment 115080
:bananadance2:cheers:Stig

Do you? Ours is a factory two-tone and it's just listed as green on the V5

Do you? Ours is a factory two-tone and it's just listed as green on the V5
Oh, interesting. My Dad said I should and just accepted his word! Also a bit of Googling suggested people who’d done similar had. Not actually had the logbook back yet, so let’s see what happens.

you only have to tell DVLA if its a 'complete' colour change. Of course if you wrapped 95% (say everything except the wing mirrors for example) then I think that would be considered complete - I would suggest if the majority of the vehicle changes colour you should tell them, even though the below might suggest you could get away with not. For a half wrap I dont think you need to, but no problem if you choose to.

DVLA rules about vehicle colour change vinyl wraps.​

The DVLA have recently changed their recommendations for vehicles that have been wrapped, which now have to be registered if the colour has been changed. Previously because the wrap was not considered a permanent change, it did not need to be registered. However, the following statement has been issued by the DVLA;-
The register maintained by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) essentially exists to assist in revenue collection, road safety and law enforcement. The Police and other enforcement agencies rely on the DVLA record for all vehicles-related investigations. It is therefore paramount that the information stored on the vehicle register is accurate and up to date.
DVLA records details given by vehicle manufacturers at first registration. Any changes to the vehicles details must be notified to DVLA by law.
By covering the entire vehicle in a coloured adhesive/vinyl wrap, it is DVLA’s view that the colour change should be recorded. To notify a change of colour you should complete section 7 of the registration certificate V5C and return it to DVLA Swansea SA99 1BA. You should receive a replacement certificate within two to four weeks.

Back