Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Top Topper, Duvalay Comfort or Zonesleep Ultra

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
I know there are threads dating back some years on the the Zonesleep but not on the Duvalay Comfort, I'm sure a lot of you have you have now tried and tested the Zonesleep Ultra so would like to know your thoughts and against the Duvalay Comfort.

Duvalay do make a make a direct replacement which I am considering but would love your views , also quite a lot cheaper to alike spec.

Thanks

Just bought the Zonesleep topper having looked at the Duvalay and being un impressed for its price ( the Zonesleep is expensive but when you spend more time in the bed than the driving seat .........

Will be testing it this week and will report back although from reading all the threads on this subject its like asking what oil to use or what tyres

don't think many people have done a direct and comprehensive comparison, which is part of the issue.

I have the Zonesleep ultra -- it's "OK". Bought it based on the info here (but couldn't find direct comparisons)

But neither me or my wife find the downstairs bed with Zonesleep ultra on it as comfortable as the upstairs bed with standard VW mattress. (alas the children get upstairs).

don't think many people have done a direct and comprehensive comparison, which is part of the issue.

I have the Zonesleep ultra -- it's "OK". Bought it based on the info here (but couldn't find direct comparisons)

But neither me or my wife find the downstairs bed with Zonesleep ultra on it as comfortable as the upstairs bed with standard VW mattress. (alas the children get upstairs).
This is a great post. I hate it when people spend money on a product then over praise it to justify what has been spent. I hope honest reviews like this one do 2 things...
1) make people think more about spending the money in the first place. That possibly reduces sales but
2) the knock on effect leads to realistic pricing in the long run or improved products.

Last edited:
I have a Duvalay which i like and fast to set up for sleeping. To be honest a simple memory foam mattress and duvet would be just as good and probably cost a lot less.

I’m really interested in what members think is the most comfortable upstairs topper as this will be my next purchase- I’ve got bad news and while fine for a long weekend upstairs with the Vw mattress for two weeks a topper would improve my sleep.:thanks

This is a great post. I hate it when people spend money on a product then over praise it to justify what has been spent. I hope honest reviews like this one do 2 things...
1) make people think more about spending the money in the first place. That possibly reduces sales but
2) the knock on effect leads to realistic pricing in the long run or improved products.

Thanks -- my direct comparison with the Zonesleep is my Thermarest Mondoking XXL which I use camping. It's much more comfortable than the Zonesleep. The comparison though is Thermarest on rough ground in a tent vs the Zonesleep on the downstairs bed in the van. Thermarest wins. Lost my headtorch on one occasion only to find I'd been sleeping on it (it was under the thermarest).

Zonesleep just about comfortable enough to stay in van though I fear if I put the thermarest in it I'll not go back!

Hi all - regenerating and old post to save creating a new one. NB - I’m collecting a T6 Ocean next week (having hired twice before).

I’m seeking a comfortable and easy sleeping system for my 2 girls (6y/o and 2y/o) who I intend to sleep downstairs without a comfort mattress or any topper. The Duvalay Dinky’s are on sale currently and I think the versatility for kids (sleepovers/family visits as well as camping) makes me inclined to buy 2:

There are options for foam type, tog and duvet and I’m hoping to get owner reviews from anyone using these for kids (or themselves I suppose). I’m inclined towards Gold 2.5cm memory foam with 10.5 tog duvet and standard hollowfibre duvet. I reckon I can swap the 10.5tog out for a cot size summer duvet for spring if required and even drop to just the sheet for hot Europe summer nights when we get abroad.

Interested in any owner views, thanks!

Back