Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Memory Foam Topper v Zonesleep ( for lower bed )

On the Ocean bed, possibly.
On the Beach 3 seater I have a thick memory topper and the zonesleeper on top of that. I prefer a comfortable nights sleep, its the most important feature of my van/trips.

Last edited:
We have a Cali SE and sleep down stairs.

The bed board is not the problem for us, it is the hard ridge at hip level which is the top of the seat back when lowered.

Initially we bought a Zone Sleep topper which did improve the comfort of the hard ridge. However, we then bought a Memory Foam mattress from Comfortz and combined the two.

Now the bed is way more comfortable and we hardly notice the hard bar across it. However, the combination does take up more space on the bed board when folded back during the day.

Alan

The plus point with the zonesleeper, is you don't sweat like you do with memory foam. Looks like it works best when combined with another topper :thumb

To eliminate seat belt sockets poking through causing discomfort, gently pull up the seat cushion around the area where the sockets poke through and push them down out of sight. The bed has to be in position (i.e., flat) for you to carry out this procedure. Reverse the procedure when you want to recover the sockets.

Don't do what i normally do - forget to poke them back through while the bed is flat, cos otherwise it means getting everything out of the van to perform the operation in order for them to use the belts!!

I thought this was obvious, but no-one has pointed it out so thought I'd mention it.

To eliminate seat belt sockets poking through causing discomfort, gently pull up the seat cushion around the area where the sockets poke through and push them down out of sight. The bed has to be in position (i.e., flat) for you to carry out this procedure. Reverse the procedure when you want to recover the sockets.

Don't do what i normally do - forget to poke them back through while the bed is flat, cos otherwise it means getting everything out of the van to perform the operation in order for them to use the belts!!

I thought this was obvious, but no-one has pointed it out so thought I'd mention it.
Great tip! I found this out accidentally last weekend when I was about to set off and both seat belt buckles had vanished on the bench. I did have to remove the children’s car seats and flatten the bed again to get them back by lifting the seat ‍<eyeroll>. Will be great to remove them next time I put the bed down though to avoid the dreaded knee on seat belt buckle agony!

Back