Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tow bar fitters

Phil66

Phil66

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Any recommendations for tow bar fitters. I am based in South Wales but happy to travel if necessary. I have the 1DO code so looks like I will need full electrics. I like the look of the Westfalia detachable. Would want to make sure any fitting is warranty compatible etc.

Any recommendations for tow bar fitters. I am based in South Wales but happy to travel if necessary. I have the 1DO code so looks like I will need full electrics. I like the look of the Westfalia detachable. Would want to make sure any fitting is warranty compatible etc.
Have used PF Jones in the past, they offer mobile fitting.

As before we had PF Jones and they arrange for at home fitting included in the price.

SGM on Penarth Road…£595+vat for a Westfalia detachable inc VW wiring and coding. same towbar as VW oem and Sinclair send their vans there. Or Indespension off Hadfield Rd Cardiff. Avoid Newport City Supplies like the plague.

@calikev

would it be possible to create a sub folder for “Tow Bar” due to the number of posts on this subject over a long period of time, it would make it easier for users to find general info Regarding this subject.

many thanks

Make sure whichever fitter you use understands that the grommet they stick the towbar wiring through is the same grommet that the right hand roof drain comes through and that it is not inadvertently disconnected in the process - I learnt this the hard way.

Back