Vodafone Curve - cheap tracker ?

Californication69

Californication69

Bill
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Had an email about the new USB chargeable Tracking device from Vodaphone.
£20 upfront cost for the “curve” and £2 or £3 a month fee depending upon 12 / 24 month rental.
Looks like a very viable cheap tracking device for people that dont have the money to spend on a high cost tracker.
Can also use for dogs and other items.

Had an email about the new USB chargeable Tracking device from Vodaphone.
£20 upfront cost for the “curve” and £2 or £3 a month fee depending upon 12 / 24 month rental.
Looks like a very viable cheap tracking device for people that dont have the money to spend on a high cost tracker.
Can also use for dogs and other items.
Looks good. Just confirmed on Vodafone live chat that it can be left permanently connected to the car’s supply (via a USB port obviously). I was going to repurpose an old iPhone as a tracker but think I might now go for one of these. Just need to figure out where to hide it.

Looks good. Just confirmed on Vodafone live chat that it can be left permanently connected to the car’s supply (via a USB port obviously). I was going to repurpose an old iPhone as a tracker but think I might now go for one of these. Just need to figure out where to hide it.
Use one of these for the connection maybe.

Use one of these for the connection maybe.

A426C721-59AA-49BE-B127-174430BA5138.jpeg

i have one dont no if you can change the setings i left it on charge in the glove box usb it sends a message to your app when fully charged minits later when the charge drops off mesages its charging the of course anouther when fully charged at the moment i charge it every 5 days or so it is very good and accurate within yards

i have one dont no if you can change the setings i left it on charge in the glove box usb it sends a message to your app when fully charged minits later when the charge drops off mesages its charging the of course anouther when fully charged at the moment i charge it every 5 days or so it is very good and accurate within yards
Thanks. Vodafone told me it can be left on charge permanently. I’ll check settings when mine arrives.

I’ve recently bought the Curve and for £20 and £2/month it’s as cheap a tracker as I can find. It seems to work well and the battery is lasting longer than expected. It reports it’s location every 30mins on its default setting and you can geofence different areas.

Anyone know if you can buy additional charging cables..?

I’ve recently bought the Curve and for £20 and £2/month it’s as cheap a tracker as I can find. It seems to work well and the battery is lasting longer than expected. It reports it’s location every 30mins on its default setting and you can geofence different areas.

Anyone know if you can buy additional charging cables..?
Yes you can @couplands.
You need something similar to the attached for hardwiring, along with a piggy back fuse holder. I suggest that you also put a tie wrap around the curve to endure the magnetic connection on the charging cable doesn’t come loose.

9C9A283E-3715-4076-AE3B-E4FB3873C179.png

DB814403-04BA-4CF5-88ED-61198837504C.png

Just looked. Subscription seems to be changing from 29/7 £3pm for 24 month contract up from 2. Looks as if lower price if start before 30/7

Yes you can @couplands.
You need something similar to the attached for hardwiring, along with a piggy back fuse holder. I suggest that you also put a tie wrap around the curve to endure the magnetic connection on the charging cable doesn’t come loose.

View attachment 81848

View attachment 81849
Thanks for that, I was actually looking for the proprietary cable/connect that comes with the Curve with the magnetic connector to USB-A, as a spare part.

Back