Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tracking devices

Outanbout

Outanbout

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Has anyone fitted a tracking device to their van. If yes, what type/manufacturer and where is the best place to fit it?

Looking forward to your always excellent replies.

Chris.

Most won't share the places they have fitted them to make them more secure but the signal will easily travel through glass, foam, plastic and even bounce off the road underneath the van. This gives lots of options but generally I would avoid the dashboard as its easy to access and remove the device.

Automatrics look good, many use a TK104 based system

Many thanks Matt. I have checked out the tracker you mentioned and the reports on it are also positive.

Thanks again.

Chris.

I think there is a VIP partner who offer a discount, may be worth a check in our VIP section for discounts. There are quite a few threads on it and a few users use the VIP service so they may be able to comment.

I’ve researched quite thoroughly and gone for a ghost immobiliser and a thatcham cat 5 tracker (the cat 6’s are 600 plus).
The tracker is wired in and subscription is £12 month and is portable so you can pass on if you sell.
@Loz also has the immobiliser- I must say great service- not cheap but you get what you pay for :thumb
Ps
Forgot to say Ghost gave a 150 discount on tracker if fitted at same time as immobiliser.

I have a Back2You tracker fitted with an annual subscription, as our van is parked up on the road often.
Uses the 4G phone system and works well.

Alan