Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vehicle Tracker

Morganic

Morganic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Has anyone fitted a tracking device to their unit. I am looking at a system that uses a GPS-SMS system which you dial up and it sends you the location of your van on Google maps.

It will do other things as well like cut off the engine if the vehicle is stolen.

The unit is about £50 but needs to be fitted by someone competen(not me)

Anyone got any experince of this sort of kit? Once fitted there are no subscription costs.

Send us a link of the one you are thinking of so we can take a look.

Cheers

Tony

Hi I got a discount on my insurance by going with: http://www.tracker.co.uk/products/tracker-cat-5-plus/

The only problem I have is that the electronic tag that you take with you is not wallet friendly and I keep leaving it behind but tracker are really good at calling to check false alarms. The system works really well though it is quite pricey.

Best Curtis

Hi Morganic, I am using the same GPS tracker as you suggest, and I am quite happy with it. It just does what I want it to do: send me the coordinates of the bus' location. I installed it myself and beleive me I am the complete opposite of a skilled electrician.
The tracker uses some complicated SMS-codes to send commands, but I learned the basics by heart, enough for what I want it to do. It has some kind of "vibration alarm" which I find too sensitive, and you can set an area, alaming when the car leaves this area. GPS signal is always fast and strong, even in the cupboard of the bus. Battery drains fast - after some days - but I wired it to 12V myself.

Many thanks to all repondents.bmassaer thanks for the information. I will probably get mine fitted because I dont want to perhaps mess up the electrics on a new van. Your review has convinced me. How do you top up the sim card?