Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Traffic Sign recognition 6.1 (my21) speed limit 110?

pjduffill

pjduffill

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
The other day my Traffic sign recognition told me the limit was 80 in a 30 mph and yesterday told me 110 in a 60mph? ( seems to pick up spurious KMH limits) any one have the same issue?

GrahamB

GrahamB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Yes something similar happened to me once - it appeared to be showing kph limits. It has never done it again and so I have disregarded it.

Happy Snapper

Happy Snapper

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Yes, it’s happened to me quite a few times. I tend to use it as a sense check rather than rely on it, but it’s definitely less reliable than I’ve experienced in other vehicles. Suspect it will improve with a software update at some point.

J

Jester

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
The other day my Traffic sign recognition told me the limit was 80 in a 30 mph and yesterday told me 110 in a 60mph? ( seems to pick up spurious KMH limits) any one have the same issue?
Hi not experienced it myself, but a dirty windscreen will affect it.
They are pretty reliable, it even knows the legal speed limit for my particular van ie 3880kg.
However I never trust it fully.

GrahamB

GrahamB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
The thing I find more odd about traffic sign recognition is that the settings for alerts dont get saved by the system. So if I set it to visual/audible warning at 3mph over the limit for example, very often the next time I drive it reverts to just visual. Sometimes it switches off alerts altogether. Its not a massive issue but I cant fathom why the system cant save settings from one drive to the next?

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
The thing I find more odd about traffic sign recognition is that the settings for alerts dont get saved by the system. So if I set it to visual/audible warning at 3mph over the limit for example, very often the next time I drive it reverts to just visual. Sometimes it switches off alerts altogether. Its not a massive issue but I cant fathom why the system cant save settings from one drive to the next?
I had understood that your 'settings' were saved with each key. So it is worth drivers having their own key to ensure their settings are applied when they start the van. Disappointing to hear some settings aren't...but perhaps that is a legal requirement for speed settings?

GrahamB

GrahamB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I had understood that your 'settings' were saved with each key. So it is worth drivers having their own key to ensure their settings are applied when they start the van. Disappointing to hear some settings aren't...but perhaps that is a legal requirement for speed settings?
Yes that's my understanding too, but in these instances it has been just me driving with the same key. I don't think its as you suggest because the changes seem more random than a zero reset if you see what I mean. Mostly it knocks off the audible warning, but sometimes it resets to no warnings at all. I have learnt not to trust it and if I want warnings on for a longer journey I have to remember to check it. To be fair I haven't noticed any other settings changing, so maybe it's just a glitch with the traffic sign recognition and a software update might fix it.

VW California Club