Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Travelling with a parrot

Duncan

Duncan

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Has anyone travelled UK to Europe with a parrot?

We are looking to take ours with us next year rather than leave her behind as our neighbours who used to look after her have now moved house

No. But I look forward to read your posts and see some pictures with her on your adventures!
My guess, check with the local boarders, get the latest vaccinate and papers and start!
Happy camping!

There's got to be some Monty Python meets B-r-e-x-i-t meets Amarillo joke in here somewhere...

Just let her out at Dover to sit on the funnel with the seagulls until you get across the channel, then reunite.

(Sorry, but it does sound comical; I will get my coat, I hope you get some proper answers! :D)

Remember that character in viz? Bertie blunt. His parrots a ****.

We are looking to take ours with us next year rather than leave her behind as our neighbours who used to look after her have now moved house
Before you go, get Polly checked for Brexpsittacosis. If it's got it it will flap alot and swear uncontrollably about 39 billion pieces of eight. :thumb

Last edited:

We travel with 6 dogs, I've seen people who travel and walk their cats in harnesses; so why not a parrot?

I think the best person to ask would be your vet.

I´m intrigued.
Would it get travel sick ?
Or would it be covered up for some of the journey ?
Can it say who's a pretty boy in flemish ?

Fabulous. Videos please. :) Sounds like the basis for a good book.

I don't want to talk about Brexit so I won't say anything about a Norwegian-Blue-style deal...

Fabulous. Videos please. :) Sounds like the basis for a good book.

I don't want to talk about boris bike so I won't say anything about a Norwegian-Blue-style deal...

Mmm. 'Boris Bike'? The forum clearly does some strange replacements when you mention a word that starts with 'Br' and ends with 'exit'!