Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

TV When Camping

I imagine power draw would be tiny if you leave it connected to a 12v socket. It would stuff up the battery over time though.

Took me enough research but finally found what I was looking for a Huawei 5786. There is a newer model out now a 5787 which is fancier with touch screen but more expensive and does not have a function on it that evidently only the 5786 has which is the option to look for a wifi network first and if not found to then connect 3G/4G.
If it works it may be just what I want as it has the ability for an aerial connection so will operate as a Wi Fi Extender and a hotspot, time will tell.
At worst it should be a fast (when available) 3G/4G connection and it has what I was looking for most a powerful battery 500 hours standby.

Mike

Took me enough research but finally found what I was looking for a Huawei 5786. There is a newer model out now a 5787 which is fancier with touch screen but more expensive and does not have a function on it that evidently only the 5786 has which is the option to look for a wifi network first and if not found to then connect 3G/4G.
If it works it may be just what I want as it has the ability for an aerial connection so will operate as a Wi Fi Extender and a hotspot, time will tell.
At worst it should be a fast (when available) 3G/4G connection and it has what I was looking for most a powerful battery 500 hours standby.

Mike
Good choice!
I had a similar one (I guess I had the 5787) without repeater function and I liked it. Easy to set up and use.

Now using the Netgear AC 81somethkng however as there isn't any roaming fee for EU countries anymore, I only use my SIM card from Germany to go online (use my iphone6 as a hotspot).

I have never had a Mifi device and I won't bore everyone with why I want to do this but I would like to enable permanent wifi to a device in the Cali.
I suspect a Mifi which powers off the 12 volt is the way to go but I would rather not be drawing power. So how long do they as a ballpark figure keep a charge if just sat on but dormant. ?
There will be a device paired with it but not active unless I ask it to be.

Mike
Mine is left plugged in when on the road. Norway 3 weeks. Can't even measure the power draw as my multimeter cannot read that low.

Ref TV in France.
The Satellite signal area 'footprint' was reduced a few years ago making reception difficult south of the Loire roughly. Unless a large dish is used.
Internet isn't an option as an EU agreement blocks French, etc, IP addresses from accessing UK based channels, progress??

Ref TV in France.
The Satellite signal area 'footprint' was reduced a few years ago making reception difficult south of the Loire roughly. Unless a large dish is used.
Internet isn't an option as an EU agreement blocks French, etc, IP addresses from accessing UK based channels, progress??

We use a VPN, no problems at all watching Iplayer etc in Europe

Back