Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

TWO California's STOLEN within the past 3 weeks !

Sorry to hear this is awfull for you. It is one of my fears as they are difficult to steal without the keys they break in to your house. I have one of these fitted and I keep the key separate from the rest

images.jpg

Will Keep a look out for it. Awful event, hope you get it back undamaged!

So sorry to hear, so it was the van they were after. Like the wheel lock Buster, was it pricey? We collect our Cali in a month, may be a good idea to think about investing in a deterrent.

Volky - in hindsight, get a tracker installed (recommended by Derbyshire's SOCO, he said cost is about £150). I had the steering wheel lock on but the key was in same place as vehicle key in house.

No news since Thursday's traffic cam sighting on A444. It's probably headed across country into Leicestershire area. Likely to have been put in a barn/had plates changed/into a container. So, we are not hopeful. The only hope I have is that the rear seat broke up in Loch Ness and couldnt convert into bed. It needs dismantling and a new part, so hope is that it comes into a garage to be fixed by the new "owner" when the thieves have offloaded it.

Admiral been ok so far; fortunately took GAP insurance out for the first time.

Thanks Cadhay. I really feel for you, guess you've got eBay alerts set up etc and really good idea to post on this site. Hope you get some news soon. Think we'll look at a tracker.

Cheap trackers can be had from eBay for around £15. We've had one of these fitted with a GiffGaff PAYG sim for a while and it seems to work well. £20 Airtime from GiffGaff does not expire and should last for ages.
You simply ring the SIM number, wait until voicemail answers and hang up. You then get a text with an URL for Google Maps showing where the tracker is.
Just make sure it's well hidden somewhere, not foolproof of course (what is) but could help for a minimal outlay.

Hope you get some news soon Cadhay and the van is OK.

My tk trackers costs me 3.50 a month for my SIM card with 500 texts in it. The tracker was only £22. Not very user friendly but with an app then work really well. The one with the fob is better otherwise you have to text to change settings.

The antenna needs to see sky but plastic and carpet are invisible to it. gps signal also bounces off roads up under the van so even that's a possibility

My gf thinks she saw a blue Cali last week in the a444 area but sadly she can't remember exactly when. There is a blue one around here though so it may just be that one.

sorry, my 1st post. Just back road trip in Scotland and went out with kids this morning. Came back to find house broken into and blue Cali stolen. Reg is BT15 VAA if anyone spots it.

Stolen from village outside Burton On Trent btw 9.30 and 2 today, so could be anywhere in UK by now.
sorry, my 1st post. Just back road trip in Scotland and went out with kids this morning. Came back to find house broken into and blue Cali stolen. Reg is BT15 VAA if anyone spots it.

Stolen from village outside Burton On Trent btw 9.30 and 2 today, so could be anywhere in UK by now.
So sorry to hear that, will be thinking about you

I sleep with my keys. They would have to kill me for them. :rage:rage:rage:rage:rage

I sleep with my keys. They would have to kill me for them. :rage:rage:rage:rage:rage

Watch out they probaly would.....
If they are standing next to you with a weapon .....just hand them the keys...

No news is good news they say ....
But in this case i got my doubts...
Fingers crossed!

Me too. Have to say, we are investing in a tracker and steering wheel lock, tying to cover all bases. Someone recommended we buy a lock for the spare wheel, someone else said a waste of money...

No news is good news they say ....
But in this case i got my doubts...
Fingers crossed!

In this case, after this amount of time then I don't think I would want it back. Who knows what they will have done to it, or in it!

Thru @WelshGas wanted to think positive ,
Indeed if they do steel it probally better to cash in from insurrace than get a wrecked verhicle back:Nailbiting

Cars now won't start unless you press the clutch or brake pedal first. If a hidden switch could be fitted breaking this circuit they wouldn't be able to start the engine.

Does anyone know if it is feasible to get at the relevant wiring?

If anyone spots it please phone 07967978796 .

We are devastated.

Last edited by a moderator: