Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Two candle power headlights

I'm sure the H7 headlamps upgrade comes with the exterior pack on the Beach, not with lights & vision. Just saying for potential future buyers.

Yep, I was mixing the interior and exterior ones up. I've corrected my post.

Hi folks,
Has anyone attempted to upgrade the headlights from H4’s to H7’s ?

Hi folks,
Has anyone attempted to upgrade the headlights from H4’s to H7’s ?
Yes, it's easy enough as long as you're happy taking off the front bumper! There's a big thread on the T6 Forum. I upgraded to Transporter HQ lights which is the same procedure

Yes, it's easy enough as long as you're happy taking off the front bumper! There's a big thread on the T6 Forum. I upgraded to Transporter HQ lights which is the same procedure

Hi Stuart,
Are the ones on transporter HQ plug n play ?
Do they make a difference form the H4’s

Hi Stuart,
Are the ones on transporter HQ plug n play ?
Do they make a difference form the H4’s
Both the TransporterHQ units and VW H7s are plug and play. Fitting is simple one you've got the bumper off. Dipped beam is far superior to H4s, although that wouldn't be hard!

Help. Can anyone please clarify something for me?

I have a T6 Beach with bog standard headlights. Whilst the rest of the vehicle is absolutely fantastic, the headlights are, to put it politely, just barely adequate. I have read the previous threads on this issue but they don't, as far as I can see, suggest a definite fix. There is a talk of Canbus issues, relays, thicker wire, different bulbs and difficulty in changing bulbs etc but no actual solution.

As I am "a bear of very little brain" who glazes over when things start to get all technical, has anyone actually managed a simple upgrade? Is it just a case of popping down the Halfords and getting some better bulbs or is that likely to throw up more issues? Can anyone illuminate me?
Hello, I have owned several VW or Audi cars over the years and one thing they all have in common is totally crap lights, one thing I tried was uprated bulbs, this helped a bit but keeping the lenses absolutely spotless made the most difference. I have never understood how VW/Audi have gotten away with it for so long!

Back