Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Two technical questions.

Tuco

Tuco

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150 4Motion
I have two technical questions:
1. how much fuel use your Californi with the 204 PS diesel engine with DSG and 4 Motion?
2. Do you use electric kettles by using the 230V socket in the car? The manual says that you can use devices with a maximum current of 1500 watts?

1. how much fuel use your Californi with the 204 PS diesel engine with DSG and 4 Motion?
2. Do you use electric kettles by using the 230V socket in the car? The manual says that you can use devices with a maximum current of 1500 watts?

I believe its 150w, enough to power a laptop, not enough for a kettle.

I mean, will a 1500 Watt kettle not damage the 230V socket?

2. on Hookup you can normally draw 10A so 230V x 10 = 2300W (the socket that is on the end of the sink ) the Inverter on the B Pillar as already stated is max 150W
1. I am averaging 28 MPG

Assuming you have a 2018 Beach as it says in your details under the avatarpicture?

Does a beach has a 220v socket / inverter that fits a waterketle plug ?

Yes, we have California Beach and we have an external 230V electric socket. The question is, if I connect electricity from an external box at the campsite, can I connect a 1500 Watt electric kettle to the 230V socket in the car?

A external hook-up plug yes , but what can you plug in IN the Cali Beach (i'm not that common with the Beach equipment .
You would need a 3pin UK socket in the Cali Beach , does it ?
Other solution is boiling water direct from a 220v campsite plug

Yes, we have California Beach and we have an external 230V electric socket. The question is, if I connect electricity from an external box at the campsite, can I connect a 1500 Watt electric kettle to the 230V socket in the car?
Yes, provided the Campsite supply is 10 amps or more.
Remember, when you plug in the Campsite Mains supply the built in Charger is automatically switched on and that will be taking some of the current as well.

A 1500 watt kettle will require 1500/230 amps = 6.522 amps

Some campsites only have a 6 amp supply, so a 1000 watt kettle would be the better choice.

I’m averaging 35 mpg since new on same spec as you.

What is it with electric kettles on this forum?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

What is it with electric kettles on this forum?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

It's handy when on a campsite , i carry one also .
If TV' s and ovens are taken (not by me doh) , why not a waterboiler

If you are paying extra for a hook up why not make use of it. You won't be using much with the fridge and a few LED lights. A small electric kettle takes up very little space and boils a lot faster than a gas one.
Save your gas for places where there are no hook ups.

We cook on a gas stove powered with travel cartridges but to heat the water much more convenient and cheaper is the electric kettle. Of course if I have electricity at the campsite.
Our car currently shows average fuel consumption of 9.7 liters, that is after we have about 29 mpg and I am not happy at all!

For tea now we use the Alpkit Brukit Wolf, its so fast we dont miss a mains kettle. I do have a little Daewoo mains kettle I bought in Stratford that we never use :)

For tea now we use the Alpkit Brukit Wolf, its so fast we dont miss a mains kettle. I do have a little Daewoo mains kettle I bought in Stratford that we never use :)
I have a Jetboil Flash stove but if we park at the campsite for a few days it's convenient to use the kettle. I think I will look for a small kettle with a power of 1000 watt and it will be OK.

on hook up I use a 1kw camping kettle. bought it from go outdoors. works a treat. 1.5kw I'm sure is fine too . but who cares if it takes a minute or 2 longer without a risk of tripping the site supply?.. go 1000w and all will be good. I have beach too. awesome machine.

If we have a hookup (like on a C&MC site where it's included) then we use an electric camping kettle. But I haven't found it to boil quicker than the gas kettle.

Seeing as this thread has been hijacked into the kettle thread, can I ask this:

Does anyone have or know of a kettle which can be plugged into 240v mains, and also could sit happily on a gas burner? Thus eliminating the need for 2 kettles (even if you only pack one depending on if you're on hook-up or not). A quick google search has found nothing but you guys are far more effective than google. :)

Thanks
Blakey

Back