Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Two technical questions.

Seeing as this thread has been hijacked into the kettle thread, can I ask this:

Does anyone have or know of a kettle which can be plugged into 240v mains, and also could sit happily on a gas burner? Thus eliminating the need for 2 kettles (even if you only pack one depending on if you're on hook-up or not). A quick google search has found nothing but you guys are far more effective than google. :)

Thanks
Blakey
Unlikely. You could carry a single electric hob and use that for the kettle when on hook up. You could cook on it as well.

Unlikely. You could carry a single electric hob and use that for the kettle when on hook up. You could cook on it as well.

Yeah, that is option #2. I'm looking at the Campingaz Camp Bistro 2 (£11 from Amazon) or the Cadac Safari Chef 2 (£100 from Amazon). The latter doubles as a barbie, but that does bump the price a shed load - plus it needs separate gas bottle.

Cadac Safari Chef 2 (£100 from Amazon)
Coincidentally, I've just received the Go Outdoors catalogue today, and they are selling the Cadac for £90 and including a free pizza stone worth £15!

Seeing as this thread has been hijacked into the kettle thread, can I ask this:

Does anyone have or know of a kettle which can be plugged into 240v mains, and also could sit happily on a gas burner? Thus eliminating the need for 2 kettles (even if you only pack one depending on if you're on hook-up or not). A quick google search has found nothing but you guys are far more effective than google. :)

Thanks
Blakey
Could use one of these in a Gas Kettle? Absolutely no experience of these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/1125507006...6%26rvr_ts%3D8006e34b1640ac192ab55791fffa8830

That looks like an accident waiting to happen!!

Back