Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Two Tone Ascot/Candy or not too?

T

Tilbo

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi all.
Considering the paint on the Ocean, love the Indium grey (thoughts on this colour?) but also really love the idea of the Two Tone, it's something completely different, in the Ascott Grey & Candy White (not too bright). The problem is i can't get to see one in the flesh, and almost every online picture i see of the Ascott Grey looks different.
Has anybody got the Two Tone version now, or has any body seen the Ocean in that colour in life. Thoughts on the colour combo or pictures would be much appreciated.
Its a dream purchase for her and expensive, so want to get it right for her.
Thanks once agin.

Looks great!
But rather than paying two thousand eight hundred pounds (!) I’d be buying a candy white and wrapping the bottom half. Protects the paint too

Looks great!
But rather than paying two thousand eight hundred pounds (!) I’d be buying a candy white and wrapping the bottom half. Protects the paint too
Or......you mentioned Indium......Candy will cost you £300.......Ascot is zero cost.......how about order Ascot and put that £300 saving towards wrapping the lower half of Ascot with Indium? Just a thought.

Hey Tilbo,
I just ordered mine in two tone ascot/candy and think it is a great choice. I was unsure as like you have found it hard to see decent photos online but recently noticed that one of the parents at my kids school drives one in ascot/candy and it looks really great in two tone. I am in Lisbon and have actually rarely see Cali's here new or old.
We were originally going for just white but the two tone makes it look a bit more classic and fun I and liked how subtle the ascot/candy combo is.
Ben

Or......you mentioned Indium......Candy will cost you £300.......Ascot is zero cost.......how about order Ascot and put that £300 saving towards wrapping the lower half of Ascot with Indium? Just a thought.
Would love to see that. I’ve wondered what wrap would look good with Ascot. Metallic Purple? Green? Orange? Pink?! Indium surely would...

I think an Ascot grey van with a lower wrap in a VW heritage blue / green colour would look great. I couldn’t pay extra for flat white paint out of principle, it’s theft.

Hey Tilbo,
I just ordered mine in two tone ascot/candy and think it is a great choice. I was unsure as like you have found it hard to see decent photos online but recently noticed that one of the parents at my kids school drives one in ascot/candy and it looks really great in two tone. I am in Lisbon and have actually rarely see Cali's here new or old.
We were originally going for just white but the two tone makes it look a bit more classic and fun I and liked how subtle the ascot/candy combo is.
Ben
HI Ben,
Thanks for the message. I don't suppose you have a picture of the actual vehicle do you, just to see it in a real life scenario. Have you seen the video clip above, is it very similar to the colour in the clip, or is it more Grey?
I think i have seen another video clip, the woman talking about is from Germany and in that clip the California looks very grey!
Classic, fun, cool and a little rare is the look we would like.
Thanks again.

Passed one of these (2 tone ascot/white) heading west down the A30 last week and I’m sorry to say it left me really underwhelmed. Too subtle, white on dirty white, looked really poor in the flesh imho. Sorry, but you asked for honest opinions; I like ascot by itself but the two tone is not a combination I would choose yet alone pay extra for.

Last edited:
Passed one of these (2 tone ascot/white) heading west down the A30 last week and I’m sorry to say it left me really underwhelmed. Too subtle, white on dirty white, looked really poor in the flesh imho. Sorry, but you asked for honest opinions; I like ascot by itself but the two tone is not a combination I would choose yet alone pay extra for.
Hi
No, thats fine. I really appreciate an honest answer. Some pictures it looks grey, others it looks more off white/beige colour. Thanks very much

Do you think a colour like this would affect resale, or is that nothing really to worry about too much. Buy what you like best and don't worry about years down the line.

Do you think a colour like this would affect resale, or is that nothing really to worry about too much. Buy what you like best and don't worry about years down the line.

Being honest here, if you’re spending over £2k on a two tone wrap I’d say that the Ascot grey & white wouldn’t be the best option for resale.

It’s a free option & and a cheaper option, just doesn’t seem premium to me. The green and white does look amazing (though not for me). Let’s not talk about that bronze option (shudder).

Personally I worry about resale but there are many people who say life’s too short, enjoy it etc.

Clearly you should order something you’re really happy with.

You do know you can place an order and then change the colour / spec up to a certain point.

Being honest here, if you’re spending over £2k on a two tone wrap I’d say that the Ascot grey & white wouldn’t be the best option for resale.

It’s a free option & and a cheaper option, just doesn’t seem premium to me. The green and white does look amazing (though not for me). Let’s not talk about that bronze option (shudder).

Personally I worry about resale but there are many people who say life’s too short, enjoy it etc.

You do know you can place an order and then change the colour / spec up to a certain point.
Hi
Thanks for advice. If i placed an order now and spec'd Indium Grey, up to what point could i change the colour if i so wished too.
Thanks

Until you get a provisional build week (Code 10)

HI Ben,
Thanks for the message. I don't suppose you have a picture of the actual vehicle do you, just to see it in a real life scenario. Have you seen the video clip above, is it very similar to the colour in the clip, or is it more Grey?
I think i have seen another video clip, the woman talking about is from Germany and in that clip the California looks very grey!
Classic, fun, cool and a little rare is the look we would like.
Thanks again.
Hey Tilbo,

By chance I actually drove past one today at the beach with tinted windows and it really looked great. I will try to get a photo on the school run in the next days if I can. For me the other two tones colours are a bit too much, but the ascot/candy has personality without drawing too much attention. The colours in real life look a lot more vibrant and bright and especially nice with the tinted windows I think.

Hey Tilbo,

By chance I actually drove past one today at the beach with tinted windows and it really looked great. I will try to get a photo on the school run in the next days if I can. For me the other two tones colours are a bit too much, but the ascot/candy has personality without drawing too much attention. The colours in real life look a lot more vibrant and bright and especially nice with the tinted windows I think.
btw I have seen the video above and it looks a little underwhelming there compared to real life

I actually like the White / Grey look, as far as resale goes, I don't think it would stop anyone buying the van but I don't think it would increase the price over say a plain white or grey van.

Hey Tilbo,

Hi Ben
Thanks for that, really appreciate it. I can't seem to find one anywhere here, in the UK. I have seen a VW van in all Ascot grey, wasn't sure about it, but the few clips on line i've found, we love it.
Found another video, i'll try and attach it here, if i can.
Once again, thanks.

Back