Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Two Tone Ascot/Candy or not too?

Hows the video clip compare to real world likeness, some angles it looks beige/taupe then in another angle it really looks pole grey. I so would like to see one.

Do you think a colour like this would affect resale, or is that nothing really to worry about too much. Buy what you like best and don't worry about years down the line.
We change our California regularly, and always go for Indium Grey. It's the most popular colour, and it's what people prefer when buying. So it will make the Cali, if not worth more, much easier to sell. If it's a long-term purchase, l supposed to answer is buy what you really want.

If I had an Ascot Grey Cali, which is a colour I've really grown to like. I would have to spray the dumbell on the front, to colour match the body work. I think it's a really ugly design feature, which on an Indium Grey, disappears into the darker colour.

Hey Tilbo,

I haven't seen the one at school the last days but this morning we were driving behind it just as we arrived at school so I managed a couple of pics of the back of it only but better than nothing : )

View attachment 81116

View attachment 81117
Hi Ben
Thats very good of you to do that, really appreciate it, thank you.
It does look grey in that top picture, and a slightly different shade in the bottom pic, i like it. I do like the idea of the Two Tone, it's a cool look, i like the exclusivity of it too, but i don't want to stand out too much either, hence liking this version over the Bay Leaf, but, and a big but it's also very expensive and would really need to see one in the flesh first. I have phoned my local dealers and no one has one to look at.
This is going to be a life long dream of my wife to one day own a California, one to own for a long time we hope, so we need to be 100% sure it's the best one for her/us. We have spec'd the model, options etc, it's just the colour. Wife (owner) has always preferred a lighter California...

Choice is either:
Ascot grey/Candy white T/T.
Indium Grey
Candy White.

Any feedback from any other members who might already own a T/T Ascot would be really appreciated too.

Thanks again

Hi Ben
Thats very good of you to do that, really appreciate it, thank you.
It does look grey in that top picture, and a slightly different shade in the bottom pic, i like it. I do like the idea of the Two Tone, it's a cool look, i like the exclusivity of it too, but i don't want to stand out too much either, hence liking this version over the Bay Leaf, but, and a big but it's also very expensive and would really need to see one in the flesh first. I have phoned my local dealers and no one has one to look at.
This is going to be a life long dream of my wife to one day own a California, one to own for a long time we hope, so we need to be 100% sure it's the best one for her/us. We have spec'd the model, options etc, it's just the colour. Wife (owner) has always preferred a lighter California...

Choice is either:
Ascot grey/Candy white T/T.
Indium Grey
Candy White.

Any feedback from any other members who might already own a T/T Ascot would be really appreciated too.

Thanks again
Given it is two flat colours (one free and one £300) for £2800, I’d be tempted to wrap the bottom of a white van with Ascot Grey, pocket £1500 AND protect the factory paint....

Given it is two flat colours (one free and one £300) for £2800, I’d be tempted to wrap the bottom of a white van with Ascot Grey, pocket £1500 AND protect the factory paint....
Hey Tilbo,

Yeah it's a similar situation for us, bit of a dream purchase this one and we thought long and hard about the colour. I was originally happy to go with a single colour but my partner was worried that a single colour looks too much like a normal van and comparatively the two tone invokes the historical feeling of the california from way back which is a nice thing. It just feels a bit more fun and exciting and the ascot/candy was the the only option for us as the other colours were a. bit too bold and out there. Hope you can find one in the flesh somewhere.
Good luck

Hey Tilbo,

Yeah it's a similar situation for us, bit of a dream purchase this one and we thought long and hard about the colour. I was originally happy to go with a single colour but my partner was worried that a single colour looks too much like a normal van and comparatively the two tone invokes the historical feeling of the california from way back which is a nice thing. It just feels a bit more fun and exciting and the ascot/candy was the the only option for us as the other colours were a. bit too bold and out there. Hope you can find one in the flesh somewhere.
Good luck
Hi again,

I could't have put it any better than what you have just wrote. We feel exactly the same way.
We are about to place the order, i know we'll have a long wait until until the Cali arrives, so there's always a chance to change colour if we so wish.
Would still really appreciate any more pictures of the vehicle, in the mean time i'll keep phoning dealers to see if there's any in stock, or even a customer order what i could just take a look at.
Once again, thanks.

Found another picture.
This could also be Ascot grey/Candy white. Looks cool if it i!

VW-Nutzfahrzeuge_Buehne_1900x543.jpg

Found another picture.
This could also be Ascot grey/Candy white. Looks cool if it i!

View attachment 81132
No they are the old T6 2 tones. I think that is a (metallic) Mojave Beige with Candy White. Ascot Grey is non-metallic and paler.

Also, keep in mind that some colours look different depending on the weather. I don't know about the newer california colours, but our is a T5 sand-beige and the van seriously looks quite different when the sun is on it as opposed to when it's cloudy/evening. When the sun is out it looks almost like a silver/grey colour (which I don't fancy) but when its cloudy/evening it looks gold/brownish which I love.

Also, keep in mind that some colours look different depending on the weather. I don't know about the newer california colours, but our is a T5 sand-beige and the van seriously looks quite different when the sun is on it as opposed to when it's cloudy/evening. When the sun is out it looks almost like a silver/grey colour (which I don't fancy) but when its cloudy/evening it looks gold/brownish which I love.
Hi, thanks for that. I guess the only true way to tell if i like the two tone colour is to see one in real life. I wonder if anyone on here has the same colour Ascot two tone California. How do ask the question so that it'll reach most members? Maybe somebody would be so kind as to take a few pictures for me.

Hi there I was the same but have ordered the white and ascot grey it looks great in real life.
I will have mine this month will send you a picture

Hi Ben
I've managed to get some screen shots from a dealer presentation video. I have spoken to the sales guy who says it looks slightly darker in real life, would you agree. As it is, colour & spec wise, we love it.
Thanks again.

IMG_6923.PNG

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

7.PNG

Hi there I was the same but have ordered the white and ascot grey it looks great in real life.
I will have mine this month will send you a picture
Thanks very much, i look forward to seeing your pictures.
Wow, your California is arriving this month, bet you can't wait.
How long has the total order wait been?

Tremendous combo
They are great photos Tilbo, actually I thought it looked lighter in real life but I guess it depends where you are...in Lisbon the sun is shining so maybe lighter but you guys don't get much sun in the UK so maybe darker : )
I actually like that there is not a lot of contrast and it is quite subtle. Really does look great in real life!

I'm sorry but I really can't see the point of that colour combination, let alone paying close to 3k for it.

I'd buy a white van and drive it around a bit. It'll soon look like that and won't cost you a penny.

Back