Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Two Tone Ascot/Candy or not too?

here is one

View attachment 81221
Hi Ben,
Thanks very much for taking the time & effort to photograph & video the California. It's perfect, we love the look, the subtle blend of the two tone. So not only has it that unique two tone look, it looks like a camper too, not just like a van, but i also love the fact that it just blends in, only those in the know would know what it is. We love it.
We have placed an order, 4motion, spec'd it all out, chose Indium grey just to get the order placed, we think we'll just change the colour now, oh, and try and find some more funds!!
I think the dealer said they have a Coast in the above colour thats due to arrive August/September, i'll keep in touch with him, when it's in i'll pay him a visit just to see it in the flesh. If we decide not to go with the colour we'll stick with our Original grey. But we're very excited to see the two tone and from what we've seen, it's the one.
Did you say you also have placed an order, when is it due? ours is going to be next year, before the summer we hope.
Thanks again for the pictures.

Hi Ben,
Thanks very much for taking the time & effort to photograph & video the California. It's perfect, we love the look, the subtle blend of the two tone. So not only has it that unique two tone look, it looks like a camper too, not just like a van, but i also love the fact that it just blends in, only those in the know would know what it is. We love it.
We have placed an order, 4motion, spec'd it all out, chose Indium grey just to get the order placed, we think we'll just change the colour now, oh, and try and find some more funds!!
I think the dealer said they have a Coast in the above colour thats due to arrive August/September, i'll keep in touch with him, when it's in i'll pay him a visit just to see it in the flesh. If we decide not to go with the colour we'll stick with our Original grey. But we're very excited to see the two tone and from what we've seen, it's the one.
Did you say you also have placed an order, when is it due? ours is going to be next year, before the summer we hope.
Thanks again for the pictures.
Hey Tilbo,
Yeah I ordered mine very recently and they were saying around 4 months delivery but now they are saying 6 months! I don't think they sell so many here in Portugal so might be a bit quicker than the UK.
We are going for the Beach Camper as we need 6 seats and in Portugal the beach camper comes with a 3 seat bench instead of the 2 seats which is good.
Anyway a long wait ahead!

Thanks very much, i look forward to seeing your pictures.
Wow, your California is arriving this month, bet you can't wait.
How long has the total order wait been?
We orderd in October should of arrived March ,but finally at the dock to come over
Worth the wait I’m sure

We orderd in October should of arrived March ,but finally at the dock to come over
Worth the wait I’m sure
Hi,
Thats great news, i bet you can't wait to see it. I hope you get it by the end of this month. Had you seen the actually two two finish in the Ocean before you ordered, if so, how close to the actual colour are the pictures i posted above?
What spec did you go with, awning housing colour, wheels etc?
I can't wait to see any picture you post.
This will be our first ever California, so a long excitable wait ahead of us.
Thanks.

Hi,
Thats great news, i bet you can't wait to see it. I hope you get it by the end of this month. Had you seen the actually two two finish in the Ocean before you ordered, if so, how close to the actual colour are the pictures i posted above?
What spec did you go with, awning housing colour, wheels etc?
I can't wait to see any picture you post.
This will be our first ever California, so a long excitable wait ahead of us.
Thanks.
Hi ours has now arrived looks amazing in these colours collecting next week
Send me a contact detail and il send you the dealers video
Il send you the spec to

Il send you the spec to
Any chance you could post the dealers video? I’d love to see it

Have just ordered an Ocean in the white and ascot grey colour combo so following this post with great interest. Think the subtle split has a slightly retro feel reminiscent of a time when white and a pastel colour was the fashionable blend of the time. Old English white over a light blue or mint green also work for me. Other two duo combinations feel too brash and bright and upset the shape of the vehicle. As to whether this is reflected in resale prices - who can possibly offer any qualified comment??!!

Have just ordered an Ocean in the white and ascot colour combo so following this post with great interest. Think the subtle split

Spotted a ‘21 plate Ascot Grey and Candy White Ocean parked up on the Isle of Arran last Saturday. Subtle, classy and rare colour scheme.

The early T6.1 display Cali Coast I saw at the Hannover Kundencenter a couple weeks ago was a 2-tone Candy White/Ascot Grey. Probably my fav colour combo and matched the interior so well. Shame its not available for an Editions spec Coast.

Hmmm, only seen one in the flesh but it really didn’t do it for me; just looked like a dirty white van. So not for me, particularly given the cost, but each to their own.

Il send you the spec to
Darren, I would very much like to see your dealer video, as I am thinking of perhaps going to the combo (recently ordered plain ascot grey, but still have time to change) I am new to the forum and not sure how that would be best done.

Last edited:
Looks great!
But rather than paying two thousand eight hundred pounds (!) I’d be buying a candy white and wrapping the bottom half. Protects the paint too
I must agree with TIM…. 2800 pounds is daylight robbery. That said, seen one in the flesh, very nice indeed, 60s vibe. Prefer my all over Ascot grey though which I bought because it’s very close to the pastel white VW marketed on the T1. Always was my fave. That said, if it’s Candy/Ascot that pleases you, go for it!

C7F5A440-B157-4187-B1D0-5F2688E1B434.jpeg
Just had my Ascot wrapped with Avery Light Pastachio .. bit more light than expected and Ascot gets more grey as contrast color But hey, it’s its own and ready for adventures and sun ‍♂️

Back