Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre Recommendations

Let me go and check what's fitted to my BBS rims......if I can remember where they are?

Nope. sorry. 225/60/16. Can you not claim they were fitted as original equipment on a similar VW vehicle ie the Freestyle?

Thanks,
I could take the gamble that they don't follow-up, but given my run-in's with the authorities with this van already I'd rather not. I think there is a process to apply for a change to the away from the norm, but i expect it will be a lengthy one... On this occasion i think i will need to stick to the rules.

The 195/65R16 are almost identical in size to the original size, so should run fine.
Was just curious if anyone had run this size on those rims (because the 225/60R16 seems to be the tyre of choice)...

They will very probs be super comfy and quiet.
Keep us updated.

Have you tried Tyreleader for your new tyres (fitting may be an issue), EU based and very competitive in UK pre Brexit.
UK price listing

Have you tried Tyreleader for your new tyres (fitting may be an issue), EU based and very competitive in UK pre Brexit.
UK price listing

Thanks - just checked (I'm in Belgium, they're also available there), prices are roughly the same as I'm getting, but good to know ;-)

They will very probs be super comfy and quiet.
Keep us updated.
I'm guessing the less wide tyres will be less stressful on the steering...
But yes, lets see.
Now just to decide, Goodyear, Continental or Bridgestone... :rolleyes:
Don't think there's much in it...

Ok, taken the plunge - Goodyear Vector 4 season have been ordered, to be fitted next week - will report back when they're on...
Fingers crossed!

Back