Tyre size help

Lewis

Lewis

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all,

Sorry for the likely stupid question

Please can you advise on whether we can fit 235/55/R17 tyres as replacements for 215/60/R17C ?

Our tyre label seems to suggest three different possibilities but being the novice I am I just wanted to check before ordering.

Thank you :)

IMG_5864.JPG

Best to read the tyres already fitted to your vehicle. If you have mud and snow tyres fitted then the sizes at the top are the ones to go for.

Hi all,

Sorry for the likely stupid question

Please can you advise on whether we can fit 235/55/R17 tyres as replacements for 215/60/R17C ?

Our tyre label seems to suggest three different possibilities but being the novice I am I just wanted to check before ordering.

Thank you :)

View attachment 26714
Yes. I have that size fitted Goodyear Cargo Vector All Season. 20,000 miles + per set.

Yes. I have that size fitted Goodyear Cargo Vector All Season. 20,000 miles + per set.

Thanks for the quick reply, it meant I could get an order in for Tuesday. I'm going to try out the Michelin CrossClimate+. We're similar high milers and the Cross Climate and Vectors seem to be competitors, albeit with some differences, so will feedback how I get on with them.

Thanks for the quick reply, it meant I could get an order in for Tuesday. I'm going to try out the Michelin CrossClimate+. We're similar high milers and the Cross Climate and Vectors seem to be competitors, albeit with some differences, so will feedback how I get on with them.

I'm pondering the same, if you could post you feeling ont he Michelin would be useful.

I have the Michelin latitude Cross on ours in the 235 width and I'm very impressed with them.
IMG_3831.jpg

Sent my OH to get them fitted (booked through Black Circles due to discount promo). Turned into quite the drama because the fitters told her they weren't a compatible tyre and sent her away all whilst I was out of phone contact at work. Thankfully managed to pick up a message within the hour and send her back - the fitter hadn't even tried to look at the tyre label on the vehicle, just made an assumption based on what was on there. My fault too, not fully explaining to her that we were changing the type of tyre so she didn't challenge the garage.

So all fitted and allegedly running well so far - I haven't actually seen them yet after arriving home at 10pm and she left before me in the dark this morning.

My new question though. Do I now need to replace the tyre on the spare so that in the event of a puncture I wouldn't be running three 235/55s and one 215/60?

Sent my OH to get them fitted (booked through Black Circles due to discount promo). Turned into quite the drama because the fitters told her they weren't a compatible tyre and sent her away all whilst I was out of phone contact at work. Thankfully managed to pick up a message within the hour and send her back - the fitter hadn't even tried to look at the tyre label on the vehicle, just made an assumption based on what was on there. My fault too, not fully explaining to her that we were changing the type of tyre so she didn't challenge the garage.

So all fitted and allegedly running well so far - I haven't actually seen them yet after arriving home at 10pm and she left before me in the dark this morning.

My new question though. Do I now need to replace the tyre on the spare so that in the event of a puncture I wouldn't be running three 235/55s and one 215/60?
The rolling radius is the same so you can treat it as a space-saver tyre. Get you home and reduce speed to 50. Next time you change tyres put the least worn on the spare.