Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

UK or Europe this year?

Getting away from me on the 15th May? :shocked

I might be trundling up to take my Grandchildren to the exhibition on the 14th/15th :D
Got to say totally get just go where the road takes us, short stops and walks in off the tourist places suits us going south someti=me this month but no real plan, then back via Shrewsbury. The other half is planning on bringing his old motor so it should be fun! Keeps him busy polishing it! need to look into bikes and have a tow bar fitted to carry them.
DC171253-BD20-4201-9EE6-2F4454E6F8C0.jpeg
view from top of Rosedale Chimney on last September's walkabout, lovely moment to enjoy especially as it wasn't really planned. Walking in Gods Country!

Thanks - we’d love to get out for 4-6 hours cycling a day, mainly away from towns, in beautiful rural locations with great places to eat. If there was somewhere for a wild swim, so much the better…
Friesland is nice to go to or Zeeland. No big towns, lots of wild water. Food is a difficult one, especcially when it comes to taste.
Veluwe area (Apeldoorn) is nice too.
The top of Noord Holland or the wadden isles like Texel.
I live in the Hague so every corner is at max 2.5 hours drive. Hoek van Holland ferry is about 20 minutes away.

View attachment 92498
Thank you for this, you’ve sold it!
We love putting the bikes on the back of the Cali and taking the dog…
There are several "fietsknooppunten" apps. Did not find one in English though. Here is a link from the ANWB (Dutch AA patrol) where you can make your own "knooppunt" routing. Easy to try and practice with it (although also in Dutch but pretty much self explanatory )

View attachment 92498
Thank you for this, you’ve sold it!
We love putting the bikes on the back of the Cali and taking the dog…
Forgot to mention the VVV (Dutch Tourist Board org.) which you can find in almost every city (and even villages) and where you can get those routes on paper. As mentioned earlier Friesland (Fryslan, my birth province and with it's own language Fries) The Veluwe (Van Gogh Museum) and Drenthe are very nice to visit and do some bicycling. Also Texel, one of the Wadden Islands (which are World Heritage areas) is easy to go to and very tourist friendly. Most of the Dutch speak English rather good since it is part of our education (even in primary school). Enjoy your stay!

Ferry now booked for European trip managed to avoid P and O by sailing Newcastle Amsterdam.