Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

UK walking maps for Cali-travel

Well I guess I could just abbreviate my real name instead. Septimus Terence Duckworth.
VD for short then?

They're on to Rule Britannia at the Proms........ I am pleased to report that the number of illegal flags is miniscule

Personally it's in England, Albert hall.... keep up Jerusalem and land of hope and glory

and I'm off in the royal Albert Cali tomorrow so I don't care :D

I use OS map app on the iPhone. All the UK maps at 1:25000 and can download if likely to be struggling with data. It costs the price of a map for a years subscription. Recently went to Cornwall and would have needed 3 or 4 maps but the phone did fine. Can also screen grab them rather than print off. Obviously if you are planning to get out in the mountains in dodgy weather I'd have a map and compass.

It's restricted to Apple iPhone but I have the complete 1:25000 OS on my phone through the "outdoors app" cost me £25 per county but it's brilliant, doesn't need outside contact ie works in airplane mode. You need At least 128gb on your phone. It has saved my sorry a@+@e more than once when I decide to take an impromptu 15k ramble in areas Unknown. You get 1:250000 for £10 then regions at 1:50k then 1:25k per county, or you can rent them by the year. It's the only reason I haven't switched to Samsung.

I'm looking at ViewRanger soon...downloaded, just not had time to figure it out...looks good.
Thanks for printer advice....on order!
Anyone using water resistant paper for printing onto? Seems a bit expensive but if wet, it might be worth it?

Back