Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ultimate indignanty

sebking

sebking

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Got stuck on a camp site in Sussex this week end. Got pulled out backwards by a 5 series Beemer (he was on a road so plenty of grip) oh the shame.

sebking said:
Got stuck on a camp site in Sussex this week end. Got pulled out backwards by a 5 series Beemer (he was on a road so plenty of grip) oh the shame.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Was it muddy?!

Our 335d gets stuck if it even sniffs anything but tarmac!

wheels were past the rubber and the rim was at "ground level" muddy oh yes.

The beemer had it's wheels on the tarmac... good thing I had a tow rope, carried one since I got stuck in similar circumstances many years ago in a Golf GTI.

sebking said:
wheels were past the rubber and the rim was at "ground level" muddy oh yes.

The beemer had it's wheels on the tarmac... good thing I had a tow rope, carried one since I got stuck in similar circumstances many years ago in a Golf GTI.

Oh very darn! Not like the Cali towing eye is easy to get to either!

The BM has had me similarly embarrassed a couple of times in the very slightest sign of dampness on a grassy area. So far so good with the van - had a bit of accidental side sliding in the campsite in the New Forest (it was VERY wet) but it got out fine. Phew.

I was also down in Sussex at the weekend, in a slightly sloping field which was a sodden, muddy mess by Sunday. I was convinced that I would have to take up the farmer on his offer to drag us out with his tractor but joy of joys I managed to get enough grip on the few remaining remnants of grass on exiting the field and got out much easier than expected, mind you I was glad that I took the bikes off of the back and walked them up the field to keep as much unnecessary weight off of the back as I could.

I had a problem this weekend with the screw-in tow eye getting towed out of a very muddy Green Man festival. I have used the tow eye successfully before but this time I think I have stripped the thread when screwing it in as it pulled straight out when hooked up to the tractor.It felt to be engaging the thread well but wouldn't fully tighten up. We eventually got dragged out unceremoniously backwards using the rear fixed eye.
Anyone had a similar problem, and how would I go about fixing it?
Gordon

Back