Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Unravel charging cable?

Karlos, a very generic statement from the olden times when the cables did not have any standards to follow and were generally of poor quality and we did not understand much about electricity and science.

With not being wound tight, cables adhering to defined ISO standards, with such low load on charging the batteries only in a Cali, overheating cables as mentioned in the context is a thing of the past.

Put lots of load such as microwaves, electric kettles etc, on the cable and the situation will be different.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I haven’t seen the cable so I don’t know if it was manufactured to the standard we require in the UK....haven’t seen what each endpoint is like either....don’t know how it has been maintained (eg ever bashed against sharp things that might damage it)....will there ever be any traffic over the cable....I don’t know what the home electrics are like either (eg RCDs or good ol’ wire fuses)......what guarantee is there that only a low draw device will be used EVER.....so, we begin to see too many variables emerging to allow a definitive response!

But, I have seen a good quality and thick hook-up cable installed by an experienced, qualified electrician from a house to a caravan (parked near a 2000l LPG tank) that the owners were living in as the house was being renovated. This was a connection direct from the fuse board, as an electric shower or cooker would be. Weeks later, whatever the electricians were doing in the house caused the snow to melt along the run of cable. I never saw sparkies move so quickly when I pointed that out to them!

My vote would be to unroll!!!

Regards,

JOG

Back