Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Unusual place names

I'd fancy a trip to Germany to the many great places they have. You can take whatever route, either fast or slow maybe just try and get there at the same time.

Germany Trip

:Iamsorry
I guess you should be going via Condom (France) unless you have other intentions of course!

I guess you should be going via Condom (France) unless you have other intentions of course!

We drove through Anus in France a few years ago, we were not alone in taking a snap

Anus-France.jpg

Not a place name but a road, imagine having to give this address out to someone over the phone.

article-2188441-030B60380000044D-962_634x506.jpg

Use Google maps to find some names that will make you laugh! e.g. This must be for posh folks as well! :embarrased:D
wankendorf-ortsschild-kl.jpg

Came across this when in Bug Jam at Santa Pod as a kid. Think the town is Wellingborough!! Still makes me laugh :):)

streetname.jpg

Came across this when in Bug Jam at Santa Pod as a kid. Think the town is Wellingborough!! Still makes me laugh
Yea took a photo few years ago on our way back from bug jam .

This is an area to the south east of Bolton. Strangely, there is no signage in the area.Nob End.jpg

Whilst driving through Swaledale we came across this: P1000624LR.JPG

. . . and a few miles north east of Crackpot is the tiny hamlet of Booze!

I'm always spotting unusual place names as we visit new places on our travels, but this one made me stop and get a photo. I was thinking it would be a great place for Q to set up a laboratory or for budding designers to set up a studio!
Cycling from Paris to Dieppe I came across a sign, US MARINES. Not being the brightest spark, I thought it odd that France would have a United States marine base.
https://goo.gl/maps/bHaTpPrLTrE2

Used to take the kids in the truck when they were younger. They loved it when we went from Aachen to DĂĽsseldorf past Titz and Wankum!

There's also Twatt on Orkney, but rumour has it they took the sign down as they were sick of people stopping and talking photos beside it!

wrong. I found it. going to add a pic at the end of this thread

here we go. I also found twatt church. I go every sunday. and the name is real on the board there. the reverand gavin kirk is a Wright twatt. zoom in to clock my beach parked to the right . taken this summer

20170808_161354.jpg

20170808_151156.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. i just edited it sorry. was in August. the sign is obviously not near twatt. and people are correct about signs being stolen. it took me a while driving in a circle around twatt. a postman told me where to go for the sign i found there. and yes. That's me. the twatt in the red shirt. made me laugh anyway.a long way to go but loved the orkneys. drive south on the kirkwall a966 rd putting twatt on your right and you should pass it.

Last edited:
No place.jpg

No Place, was the original name and the council wanted to change it to Co-operative Villas in 1983 the locals were not happy. So now all signs have two names but it's the same place.