Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Unusual place names

Days out

Days out

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
IMG_7984.JPG

I'm always spotting unusual place names as we visit new places on our travels, but this one made me stop and get a photo. I was thinking it would be a great place for Q to set up a laboratory or for budding designers to set up a studio!

Anyone else got any weird and wonderful places they have visited or driven through recently? The more weirder and wonderful the better...

Could be the place where VW build a corrosion free roof.....
Sorry ....could not resist:bananadance2

Once stayed in a place in Austria. Four letter word begining with 'W', ending with 'K'. There was a N and an A in between!

True story.

Once stayed in a place in Austria. Four letter word begining with 'W', ending with 'K'. There was a N and an A in between!

True story.

Wnak ....strange name indeed:D

True story.

There is a place in the U.K. called Newark. That's an anagram too!

:offtopic

Sorry. Anyway has any one else visited any unusually named places this weekend??? (Other than Newark or W**k?

So just two w****ers reading this then :Grin

;)The nearest town to me is LITTLEHAMPTON !

I'd fancy a trip to Germany to the many great places they have. You can take whatever route, either fast or slow maybe just try and get there at the same time.

Germany Trip

:Iamsorry

You could always try California, the one in Falkirk :D Or the one in Birmingham or maybe even in Norfolk

Last edited:
You could always try California, the one in Falkirk :D Or the one in Birmingham or maybe even in Norfolk

:thumb

20160904_072607-jpg.16093

There's also Twatt on Orkney, but rumour has it they took the sign down as they were sick of people stopping and talking photos beside it!

We spent a pleasant day at 'Beer Head' in Dorset (or maybe east Devon - near Lyme Regis) and, of course, my husband took a photo of me standing next to the sign. I've been searching around and I can't find the picture anywhere. Happy days.

We spent a pleasant day at 'Beer Head' in Dorset (or maybe east Devon - near Lyme Regis) and, of course, my husband took a photo of me standing next to the sign. I've been searching around and I can't find the picture anywhere. Happy days.
Lovely Cove at Beer.

Mike

There's Shatton in the Peak District, which always makes us smile.

Funny... There seems to be a lot of "Hand-Shandy" based place names you have all found! My initial post was intended to be smut-free! :stop
You overestimated your audience :upsidedown