Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

upgrading my headlights

nadir

nadir

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
The headlights on my T6 are really pretty rubbish , even on full beam. What do I need to do to change up the bulbs for some that are brighter? Is it something I can do easily or is it a garage job ? Thanks

Osram +150% bulbs are a good conversion and legal with no worries about bulb errors.
I've got the Philips and GE versions in vehicles and found the Osram ones the best.
Worth getting the Osram H11 to replace the fog light bulbs at the same time plus a pair of Canbus error free W16W LED bulbs for the DRL's (a cheap way to have LED DRL's)

Easiest to take air filter and battery out if doing everything at once.

Hi Nadir

Did you change out the bulbs and did they help, I've had a couple of poor experiences with the T6 twin lights, I assume H7's.

Osram ice breakers, definitely an improvement,

150% version. Also H11 available for fog lights.

Hi Nadir

Did you change out the bulbs and did they help, I've had a couple of poor experiences with the T6 twin lights, I assume H7's.
I thought the Beach came with the H4 headlights, H7 and LED being the upgrade options.

I have indeed H4 and today have popped down to Halfords and purchased 55w brighter than bright lights apparently.

I have indeed H4 and today have popped down to Halfords and purchased 55w brighter than bright lights apparently.
One of the easiest upgrades is changing your H4 headlights to H7 headlights, either using genuine VW headlights or 3 rd party equivalents.

Thanks for the connection their WG, I changed over the bulbs today and the first impressions were pretty good. I'll save full judgement until we have driven a while in winter conditions. Then I'll look at the investment of LED is need be.

Changing the bulbs out really was n't a great drama, just a bit of time and patience.

One of the easiest upgrades is changing your H4 headlights to H7 headlights, either using genuine VW headlights or 3 rd party equivalents.
Having now changed my T6 BEACH headlights units from H4 type to H7 I wish to sell the old ones. Are they compatible with the T5 and T6 Transporter Vans?

No. Headlights relate to a specific model.

No. Headlights relate to a specific model.
Are you sure. I agree T5 for T5 and T6 for T6 but I think the OP's H4 headlights would be compatible with the relevant T5 or T6 commercial vans, but I doubt if there would be a large market for them

Are you sure. I agree T5 for T5 and T6 for T6 but I think the OP's H4 headlights would be compatible with the relevant T5 or T6 commercial vans, but I doubt if there would be a large market for them
T6 headlights across the range (Cali is the same as a van or any other T6 variant regarding headlights) but not any other Tx model.

H4 lights are the main ones converted giving a pool of second hand ones with little or no value.

Worth an EBAY listing for either a low start figure or reasonable amount with offers.

T6 headlights across the range (Cali is the same as a van or any other T6 variant regarding headlights) but not any other Tx model.

H4 lights are the main ones converted giving a pool of second hand ones with little or no value.

Worth an EBAY listing for either a low start figure or reasonable amount with offers.
Just sold my old T5.1 H4's for £90 on Ebay.

I fancy having a crack at this for my T6 Ocean.
Have I bagged the right bulbs in my basket?
Anything newer available taken the crown since @B J G great advice?

Thanks everyone did this in a rush...hence asking for help.Screenshot 2022-03-03 at 17.40.43.png

I need to do some coding after changing H4 to H7 headlight units on my Beach so dipped lights also work on main beam. Would a Carista do this or is there a better system?

I need to do some coding after changing H4 to H7 headlight units on my Beach so dipped lights also work on main beam. Would a Carista do this or is there a better system?
I don't believe Carista will do this. VCDS will definitely. Not sure about OBDeleven.
Check out the T6 Forum . They have a list of VCDS users who are happy to do coding changers for members, or possibly track down a VW Independent.

I don't believe Carista will do this. VCDS will definitely. Not sure about OBDeleven.
Check out the T6 Forum . They have a list of VCDS users who are happy to do coding changers for members, or possibly track down a VW Independent.
Many thanks WG will check out the T6 forum.