Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Used T6s a plenty

bangorlad

bangorlad

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Been to Sytner at Llandudno for an MOT today and never seen so many Calis on a forecourt! All T6s, mixture of Oceans and Beaches.

The one at the bottom of the rainbow is full of gold....

IMG_20180123_132153266.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: NOD
Blimey, I wonder what Liverpool looks like...I was told by another dealer that the Cali's form a big portion of Llandudno Jct's business, now obv.

Ah now you can’t have it all ways Bozza.

The official VW line on colour is safe and dull to protect trade in values.

Ah now you can’t have it all ways Bozza.

The official VW line on colour is safe and dull to protect trade in values.
Your'e probably right but colours like orange, sky blue and sage green etc don't seem to have hurt previous models values. VW even have the bare faced cheek charge extra for yellow.

\Never seen so many for sale, 40 on used VW website. Doesn't bode well for resale values does it

Time of year and all that nonsense - as Private Fraser would say Doomed - Were all Doomed;););););)

Interesting write up in latest CCC magazine on Marco Polo. They describe it as a day van or for occasional overnight. Nice van but not a California.

Last edited:
\Never seen so many for sale, 40 on used VW website. Doesn't bode well for resale values does it
There won't be 40 available come April/May.

Time of year and all that nonsense - as Private Fraser would say Doomed - Were all Doomed;););););)

Interesting write up in latest CCC magazine on Marco Polo. They describe it as a day van or for occasional overnight. Nice van but not a California.

Now I'm quite a fan of the California Ocean even though I chose the MP as a better fit for my camping / outdoor lifestyle which includes cycling, mountain walking, general travel, city breaks and more

2017 Top Gear review was also interesting:
Quote; Mercedes Marco Polo, every bit as convincing as the VW California.
Whatever your choice of Campervan the only opinion that really matters is that of the individual owner.

Now I'm quite a fan of the California Ocean even though I chose the MP as a better fit for my camping / outdoor lifestyle which includes cycling, mountain walking, general travel, city breaks and more

2017 Top Gear review was also interesting:
Quote; Mercedes Marco Polo, every bit as convincing as the VW California.
Whatever your choice of Campervan the only opinion that really matters is that of the individual owner.
Did say nice van:) But still not a California. It is a lovely vehicle though.
Sorry don't rate Top Gear or Chris Evans as testers. We have heaters as standard for all eventualities off grid and extra batteries on Ocean. Hence better suited for my climbing and wilderness pursuits. Perfect for city use too and easy to park.

There are certainly more used Cali's available than I've ever seen before, but because none are being scrapped, and new ones built daily, the number would be expected to rise year on year.
Is there enough buyers out there to soak them all up? Residuals would say yes. Aided of course by the ridiculous new price inflation. £50k nearly new Cali's now look like bargains.

Theres over 100 calis for sale on autotrader and vw used site!
I wouldn’t worry about resale just enjoy, not a lot you can do about what things will be worth.

They should do the Cali in viper green like the caddy (lime green) I would def swap my boring grey for that! My daughter has a polo in orange which is cool too.

Back