Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Van service

John

John

VIP Member
Original pos Chris

Booked my van for a years service and fell off my chair when quoted £314. Ouch. Is that a crazy southern price or is that normal?
What is the norm? Mine is a 12k service 2009 model, so is due a pollen filter.

Original post Calikev

Hi Christ that does sound a lot for a service
When I bought my 2010 facelift I was offered a service plan at £17 a month.
Broken down as follows
Minor service aug 2012---22,000 miles only est. total £129
Major service aug 2013----32,000 miles only est. total £249
Minor service aug 2014----42,000. Miles only est. total £129
2x mot--£70
Total £619 inc admin fee
Thought £17 a month was great no large service bills for a while
Not sure where they got £314 from
This was vw Leicester but I can get it done locally in Kettering
Hope this helps. Oh forgot to mention these prices are fixed

Original post freeley

When our 2009 went in for it's first service in january (mileage 4500) i asked if there was a menu price and was told £139.
When i collected it the bill was about £250 (and they'd got oil everywhere inside the van but that's another story). Not having noticed the oil when i picked it up i paid the £250 under protest.

I took it back in the next day once i'd noticed the mess they'd made of it and complained about that and the difference in price of the service.
As well as a full valet they agreed to honour the £139 service price(which was +VAT as it turned out) so refunded me the difference.

So i would say that £314 is definitely not normal.

Original post Blakey

Got my (non-California) T5 serviced and MOTed at Eurovans in Crawley (main VW stealer) for less than £200 all in, inc VAT, about 3 weeks ago. I can't see why the Cali would be any different than a normal T5.

Original post Chris

Thanks for the info. i spoke to VW again and they said its a full service which is £249 plus vat. Thats sounds better
With my Warranty running out in April 2012 I want to make sure everything is working otherwise it could get messy and even more expensive.
They are also will be looking into my Heater ( shunt ) problem Surely VW should recall all cali's to fix this?

Original pos timbatten

Last month I took mine for it's pre warranty expiry service, to my local dealer, VW Van Centre, West Yorkshire. The service indicator showed that it was due for it's service. It was on 26,800 miles. It was classed as "Manufacturer's Variable Service", and they also carried out an MOT. Total cost was £220 + VAT = £257. They also fixed quite a few things under warranty which may have caused problems (and cost) in the near future, including a new tailgate glass which had slight condensation in the double glazed unit. I highly recommend this dealership.

Original post v3rn - Nic & Helen

I have mine on a service plan do no idea of service cost. However I just had a 48K service on my Audi A6 and it was £553. Loads of filters and some oil. I'd have been happy with a £300 service.